• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ignition switch tool?

inri

Local time
12:55 PM
Reaction score
Replaced the ignition switch in my '69 plymouth (non column mounted) and it's really difficult to get the bezel to tighten and therefor the switch is a little sloppy. Is there a tool for this that grabs several of the slots at one time to turn it tightly? I've been using a small flathead to try and turn it but I can't seem to get enough equal leverage to turn it anymore.

Thank you.

I just used a screwdriver. Angle it, and tap with a hammer.

Tips of needle nose pliers.... but yes there are proper tools as well !
Link to the proper tools please :). Don't want to scrape up the bezel anymore than I have already if possible. Also, any idea on how many rotations to get it secure?

Link to the proper tools please :). Don't want to scrape up the bezel anymore than I have already if possible. Also, any idea on how many rotations to get it secure?
I have no link, I told you what I use!

I bought mine from a place on Ebay called Custom machine components, located in Pawleys Island, SC.
He makes al his own products, as far as I know. Good stuff. Note, 69 is on its own, one year only.

Must be a Canuck thing, lol. I've used needlenose very successfully. I even add tape to the ends of the pliers just to keep things "unf@cked". I use the money saved on tools to pay for border fees when buying parts;)

If I had to wait for a special tool to do every job I would be still adjusting spokes on my pedal bike.

In all honesty I have used the bent tip needle nose method in the past. Even snap ring pliers. It always worked but also always scared the hell out of me.
The older I get the more I subscribe to the right tool for the job theory. Getting too old to fix f@ck ups. God knows I still make plenty.
For $17 I will gladly wait for the tool. But then again I already have most of them. :D

I made my own from big washers.
20160401_184817.jpg

Snappy makes them for just about everything. Think this is for a GM antenna bezel. The Fn your getting aint worth the Fn your getting.

IMG_1941.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back