• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ignition - What would you choose.

I've had many Mopar muscle cars over the years ranging from factory motors up to 900 hp blown 440's and every one of them I converted to and ran MP orange or chrome boxes with MP advance curved distributors. Never had any problems or performance issues. Perfect simple setups for the street and strip.

Thats a good setup also the only thing I dont like about the distributor it has a super fast curve, great for say drag racing.

Well , ok then , I’ll be your huckleberry! During my Gtx build, I used three different diss and boxes, first one was a look alike Mopar diss and and blue ecm , distributor had bushings in it and at least 4 thousandth movement in the shaft , engine ran like crap , second was another that was similar, but advertised as 7500rpm dist and possibly cost me a major rebuild after it possibly crossfire and damaged a cylinder, only speculation of course, third and one I highly recommend is the FOB , diss curved and ready right out of the box and the control box has performed flawlessly and with a built in rev limitor! Not that I need it but nice to have ! Billet diss with sealed ball bearings and zero shaft run out ! Now your choice ! And only my opinion! As previously stated!

Auto Transport Service
Back