• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'm at liberal ground zero....

threewood

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
11:36 PM
Reaction score
and I am having a great time. Politics aside, San Francisco is a great city and everyone has been nice and polite (except for 2 homeless guys yelling at clouds). No **** on the street, no homeless encampments where I have been. The rapid transit is nice as well.

Visited Coit Tower after climbing a million stairs.
20221025_140946.jpg

20221025_141829.jpg

Looking west down Filbert Street from the top of the hill. What is Filbert known for....
Peter and Paul Church where Dirty Harry was filmed for one...
20221026_105837.jpg

And where part of the Bullett chase was filmed.
Screenshot_20221026-144950_Adblock Browser.jpg

20221026_145012.jpg

My favorite part was walking around between Taylor, Filbert, Chestnut and seeing where the car chase took place.
20221026_111720.jpg

Base of this hill is where the Charger took a hard left (right in the pic) and lost one of many hubcaps lol.

Riding the cable car around when I was tired of climbing hills.
20221026_120243.jpg

20221026_113437.jpg

20221026_120745.jpg

Looking down Lombard Street from the top.

And while at Fisherman's Wharf on the trolly getting ready to go up and over to Union Square the mayor of San Francisco was there doing a photo op lol (lady in the red dress).
20221026_124556.jpg

I'm here with my wife, who is in a business conference today so I was flying solo. Had some great food and bourbon too.
20221026_122948.jpg

20221026_130723.jpg

Over the years I have done quite a bit of high rise construction in SF. Since I retired I pretty much refuse to go into the city it is such a S hole anymore. The City is hurting right now, no one wants to go into the City, vacancy rates in office buildings is astronomically high, crime is out of control and folks are moving out by the busloads. My wife went into the City last week with a friend and they said the same thing you have said. The areas they saw were clean and very few homeless around. She did mention there was an unusually large Police presence everywhere they went which sounds about right to me, SF is notorious for pushing the homeless camps from one spot to another to give the illusion they cleaned things up. I would assume that is the case now especially since a large percent of conventions are relocation to other cities and stores are closing in SF due to being broken into weekly of just blatant theft. I wouldn't be fooled by what you saw it is just a facade the place is a garbage dump.

We were there years ago, loved it. 2002. Went to a dog show in the park. Went to the bottom of the hill.
Found the 1878 bar, saw Tommy Castro, wonderful time.
Toured the wine country. Just tried to be alert and street smart.
Great memories!

My last visit was in 1996 for the ESPN World Open Billiards Championships in Santa Rosa. My daughter was 11 and it was her first time there -- we wore out public transportation seeing all "the" prime tourist spots and had a blast!! (I didn't finish in the money but had a few minutes on tv wasting Grace Nakamura lol ...)
16668841410153459161491159121010.jpg

The last time I was there was way back in 1992. My sister has been going to San Francisco a lot lately on business. She and her adult daughter are looking forward to a week-long trip there sometime in the near future. See the sights and such. She says she has seen little of the homeless crowd and the needles/**** on the sidewalks and such, thankfully. I'd like to go myself, as SF is truly a beautiful city. It's shameful that liberal politics has made such a mess of things there.

Great pics, BTW!!! ^^^

I just took my family on a vacation across much of the US and didn't visit one city haha, not my cup of tea but glad you're enjoying it.

I'm looking to drive my Imperial or my Coronet on an old-fashioned two-week-long American road trip to nowhere in particular; probably next Summer, assuming gas isn't $7.00/gallon! Stay in the old roadside motels (the ones that aren't meth/crack dens, anyway!) or cool B&Bs, or even tent camping. Avoid large cities and Interstates whenever possible. Do lots of video! Drive 100 miles, or 600 miles in a day. Or hang out for a day or two.

My family did a similar trip in 2010, taking Route 66 from OKC to Kingman, AZ as often as the route presented itself; visiting Grand Canyon, Cadillac Ranch, and other "66"-notable sites. Then North to Hoover Dam and Las Vegas, and then Carson City. From there, on to Bonneville for Speed Week, where we witnessed a 403 mph run! Then to Salt Lake City, Cheyenne, Denver, then OKC. A wee bit over 4,200 miles. That was a wonderful trip, gotta say! A lot of Interstate travel from Carson City to Cheyenne, then Denver, though. My future trip to wherever will have limited Interstate miles, guaranteed.

This is a picture last night looking up Chestnut Street. This is where the Charger blows through a stop sign and tries to lose the Mustang.
20221026_203543.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back