• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'm at liberal ground zero....

You are doing it the right way. Without the responsibility of an automobile. We’re 45 miles south in San Jose. Transportation there is an issue. The crazies are on the trains both BART and Caltrain. Can’t drive up because car windows are likely to be smashed when parked. Used to go up with frequency on docent led walking tours etc. Haven’t been there for 15 years.

Did you find McQueen's apartment yet? The building still looked the same when I lived a few blocks away back in '08.

David

Used to be a great city by the Bay
now it's a big-shitty
anything & everything you can think of 'that's bad/disgusting'
just off the beaten path/a couple blocks away from tourism "mostly"
it's there 'in droves'
At night time all the creatures/weirdos come out...
Lots of sirens at night, stay away from public transit after dark too...

Sad really, because;
Some great history & architecture, military history & gold rush history
in the city...
It's too bad a lot of it has been ruined by, well you know who

I haven't been to SF since probably 1997-ish (except maybe the airport)
I don't miss it now
I'm 250-ish miles east of that crap...
It's nothing like the bay area here, in rural Calif.

I used to only live about 40-ish miles away, east thru the Caldicott Tunnel
up 680 Concord, I was born and raised there 1959,
left & came back a few times, school UofO, several different places/states for work
& a Palmer/Anchorage Alaska (family/work) & Springfield Mo. stint, racetrack recon
I left Concord for good, in 1997...

When our state 'was' a shining example of
what was good/for the most part still 'was'...

I moved 100-ish miles east to a great place Rancho Murieta
east of Sacramento/Sloughhouse area right next to the Consumnes River
(Gated golf community)
then moved even 100+ miles farther east in 2005, Tuolumne Co.
to get my dad off the mountain/deep snow (so I thought :poke: )
I sold my place/duplex there in RMCC in 2007, for 3 times what I paid for it...
I have never regretted the move either time...
It was a good move, to good places... Nothing like Coastal Calif./Libtards
I do miss my car/racing/dealership friends I used to see daily,
but still keep in touch with the good ones...

In the last 28-30 or so years,
coastal Calif. it's gone to ****, so has SF/Bay Area...
I worked there a lot, built ****, made great $$ there
IMO it's hardly worth it today
even for the $$...
I've been to SF probably 1500-1600 times 'at a min.', for pleasure
for work, for sports, for all kinds of reasons, a lot of car events were always there
I used to Golf at Harding Park, frequently too
SF it was starting to really go to **** back then, it's 10 fold today
leaders, city county & state leaders 'sucks'

Wall of Text Batman -shut up Robin he was talking.jpg

Nancy Pelosi's district

Last edited:
Did you find McQueen's apartment yet? The building still looked the same when I lived a few blocks away back in '08.

David
I didn't even think of that! I was more consumed by the car chase scenes.

Wife and I are happy we came. It was good where we went. Like any big city, bums, drunks and homeless. BART was neat, no issues on the trains.

I did get on a bus around Union Square to get to Russian Hill. Everyone on the bus was Asian and 4 foot tall. I was like a giant! Bus went right through Chinatown where everyone got off.

For the most part the homeless frequent the east end of golden gate park and along market street near 6th (I highly recommend you walk through Golden Gate Park starting around 3rd and Geary, it's pretty big and very beautiful).

I grew up 20 min east of SF and have walked and driven that entire city countless times. It has a reputation for being quite dirty on the streets compared to other cities like Seattle. Aside from the dirt, druggies, and homeless problems, the city (and surrounding bay area) are full of culture. I've visited and driven across 40 of the 50 states and 15 countries to date and you'll be hard pressed to find many other places other than NYC or LA with such a wide variety of foods to choose from, not to mention the extremely large variety of fresh produce both grown and imported. This is partly due to the climate and geology/soil conditions from the nearby valley, as well as the numerous cultures of people who call this place home. Try as many different kinds of food as you can. There are more options than just SF clam chowder and crab sandwiches, mexican, italian, and chinese (which SF is famous for all 4). Seek out some korean, ethiopean, greek, russian, japanese, vietnamese, french, you get the picture.

I sure love the food options.

Dennis and I and a few others on here now reside in San Jose, 1 hr south. If you could get down here you could check out the mopars...

We're on our way to Vegas now, but thanks for the offer. Going to see a couple shows and get some great food.

I just saw Pelosi's house in S.F. got broken into and Paul beat with a hammer. I swear we never visited Pacific Heights! :)

20221027_225100.jpg

Vegas!! Drank a lot at the bar and had dinner at Grand Lux after getting in late. last night

May as well grab some Rice-A-Roni and come full circle lol.

Enjoy your trip! :thumbsup:

I'm looking to drive my Imperial or my Coronet on an old-fashioned two-week-long American road trip to nowhere in particular; probably next Summer, assuming gas isn't $7.00/gallon! Stay in the old roadside motels (the ones that aren't meth/crack dens, anyway!) or cool B&Bs, or even tent camping. Avoid large cities and Interstates whenever possible. Do lots of video! Drive 100 miles, or 600 miles in a day. Or hang out for a day or two.

My family did a similar trip in 2010, taking Route 66 from OKC to Kingman, AZ as often as the route presented itself; visiting Grand Canyon, Cadillac Ranch, and other "66"-notable sites. Then North to Hoover Dam and Las Vegas, and then Carson City. From there, on to Bonneville for Speed Week, where we witnessed a 403 mph run! Then to Salt Lake City, Cheyenne, Denver, then OKC. A wee bit over 4,200 miles. That was a wonderful trip, gotta say! A lot of Interstate travel from Carson City to Cheyenne, then Denver, though. My future trip to wherever will have limited Interstate miles, guaranteed.

Don't drive out here (Calif) it's almost at $7 now, probably is up north in San Francisco

I think my trip will be in the Plains and the Rockies. If I go West very far at all, it'll be what I described previously. I've got no real desire to go much past east of the Mississippi these days. Got friends with nice ranches in SD and far NE Wyoming that have invited me to visit anytime. I haven't ridden a horse in nearly 40 years...should be fun. Or painful.

Auto Transport Service
Back