• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'm okay if AL L big money sports go away.

Major league sports has passed it's time.like others have said just a bunch of overpaid ********.
Haven't watch baseball since the strike of 1984.nor pro football since 2000. It will be a cold day in hell when I spend a dime on their sorry ***. I believe in protesting with your wallet

Glad all you fellas found each other. Support group, feelers, don't ask don't tell. Good on ya! Your lives matter! :hitit:

lol
No support needed here ... but not required to give any either.
Just commenting on the obvious change in circumstances over the years.
Simms/LT/Carson/Bavaro was my era. Much more economical for the FANaticS and fun for me. Wasn't so much like being sent to detention.
Good for them and their compensation! Capitalism alive and well. It's only right that they get a good slice of the money as the producer of the product. They ARE the product. They are just not going to be getting any more of mine.

But I guess we can interpret all of this your way too.

Just imagine what a box of Tide would cost if they didn't spend millions on sponsorship. Or how about a pair of Nikes ?!?!? Low income families could actually afford food if they didn't have to pay so much for their kids' Nikes !!!

There was a time when guys in sports at least tried to stay on the right side of the law... Why can't they just play the game & get their paycheck? Not try to make political statements...

As mentioned above, baseball players strike in 84? 85?, excuse me, at the time I was working my *** off & making $45K... They demanded and got 300K for rookies.... For playing baseball??? WTF???

Then theres the NFL..... I won't even get into it.... Needless to say the only sports I watch these days is auto racing & I watch allot less than I use to....

Just imagine what a box of Tide would cost if they didn't spend millions on sponsorship. Or how about a pair of Nikes ?!?!? Low income families could actually afford food if they didn't have to pay so much for their kids' Nikes !!!

This is a great point. If I see another Liberty Mutual or Progressive commercial I may just puke.

Pro sports, capitalism's gone wild. Same with the CEO's with their 7 digit salaries and bonuses, how can you justify these paydays? Minimum wages today are a joke, you can't live on that even eating cat food most of the week..cryin shame is what it is IMO

Let me start by saying I have never watched any professional sports, don't care about it and if it were banned I think it would be a benefit to society. It has gone from being dumb to being completely ridiculous and a stain on American heritage. It is the quintessential example of what is wrong with this country and well beyond the "American Dream". It is capitalism run amok and the trickle down is felt by the entire nation. It would not be so bad if they actually had standards and ethics as a true profession but that is sadly not the case; one's athletic ability is paramount to the amount of tolerance the organization and society in general have for a player. If he is good, he can do almost anything and walk. It is a cancer that has infected the nation down to grade school and one which bears zero benefit to the country. It is entertainment at its best to those loyal fans who will put up with anything to root for their favorite felon.

How about this idea, turn pro sports into an actual profession wherein the players have to actually earn their paycheck. If you are a pitcher and someone gets a hit, you lose money, if you are a quarterback and miss a pass you loose money...

I think this covers it pretty well

Screen Shot 2020-09-21 at 12.13.47 PM.png

Agree with all. Done with most of them. Am weening myself off of the nfl. HAvemt watched my favorite team and won’t the rest of the year. I have to confess I have watched a couple of night games that were primal matchups - but there in.ies the weening. The Broncos starting QB tore his acl this past Sunday ending the season for him. Do you believe the pundits were still Bringing up Kaperdink as a likely replacement! He hasn’t played since 2016 but they are still fighting that battle. A losing cause for a quintessential loser. Down with it all!!

Wouldn't it be great if all sports were on a local level - where you could truly cheer for the home team and possibly even know a few of the players personally ?!?!? In the good old days all NHL players had summer jobs. Even today in the CFL, many have full-time jobs outside of the sport.

I do like Professional Bull Riding. Those boys earn their money every time they get on a bull. If you've ever been to an event it's all about God and country. They even pray for the animal's safety. Sad that rider from Oklahoma State got killed last week.

They are a bunch of juiced up overpaid clowns who get paid to play games! I remember when Maguire had to apologize to Roger Maris 's wife because he cheated! Who cares about overpaid cheaters political views? Not me! I think that professional sports is what needs to be defunded, don't watch it, don't buy tickets, don't buy the swag or products that they endorse! Hit them where it hurts, in the wallet! Disrespect our country and you lose!

Pro Sports I consider NON essential.
Hollywood films even more NON essential.
The super bowl I will be watching will be the presidential debates. Gonna be EPIC TV!

Pro Sports I consider NON essential.
Hollywood films even more NON essential.
The super bowl I will be watching will be the presidential debates. Gonna be EPIC TV!

Afraid it's gonna be a very one sided affair.... In spite of the biased refs..

Go do something exciting or dangerous rather than living life variously through another persons life.

Football coaches make more money than professors cause successful football programs make schools money. Univ of Alabama made $177 million from the football program last year. The chemistry professor probably made the university about $17. Can't remember, what was the the chem profs name again?
You are correct about how much the football makes the schools. Maybe we should just separate the football into sort of a minor league. If the sports are paying for the professor to teach basically useless knowledge maybe it’s time the professor stood on his own.

Auto Transport Service
Back