• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'm soooo stoked.

moparmarks

I'm just a guy with a screwdriver.
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
2:43 PM
Reaction score
I'm 53, been into Mopars since the 60's, have owned over 300 Mopars among a lot of other cars, turned a Mopar hobby into a full time business, BUT have never owned a Hemi. Have built a couple and worked on several including one right now but never one of my own...........................til now. :headbang:
I'm going to AZ next week to pick up a motor from a friend on a deal that we've been working on for a few years now. It's a new Indy 4.5 block, Mopar Alum. heads, a couple intakes, carbs, V/covers, most everything except the rotating assy. All new. Going with a 528ci and is going into my 71RR. Already have new ITT headers, Hemi 833 and a 71 Dana 60 Super T/P. Hoping to do a Passion 5-spd. Going with the stealth 426 look with the factory in-line dual 4-bbls under the Air Grabber hood and the black 71 valve covers which are included in the deal.
Owning a badass Hemi that I've built myself is a bucket list thing for me.
:blob1:

That is awesome and I'm excited for you Mark .. please share some pictures of the Hemi and your 71 RR !!

I am happy for you brother. I remember when I finally got mine I would take moments to just stand there and marvel at it. Go forward and don't second guess your decision when you find yourself banging on it. Plenty of the best hemi specialty guys around on this board. Again congrats!

"Sweet" you better be doing a build thread on it "sounds sweet". A 71 RR with that big chrome mouth and a 528 Hemi behind it "yeap" sounds like an animal to me. Congrats

When you pull in the Lot at your first car show, everyone will know it's a Hemi! You can't ignore the Sound. Feel the Power, the ground will vibrate and the look on peoples faces can't be described. All the Chevrolet Guys will eat ****!

Thanks guys. Here is my RR. I took it part 8 years ago and here it sits. Have been collecting a lot of real sweet parts for it. I'm putting my house and shop up for sale this spring and after I get settled into my next place I want to get the body and paint finished so I can start putting it back together. Have my plan for it all worked out in my head.
528 Hemi
Manual tranny
Dana 60
A/H hood
Bucket seat no console.
manual 4wh disc brakes
Flaming River 16/1 manual S/box
Don't want to cut the nice clean CA body so will go with offset spring hangers. Will do T-boxes and tie the frames though.

Attachments

• DCP_0018.jpg
    DCP_0018.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 338
  • DCP_0178.jpg
    DCP_0178.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 309
  • DCP_0091.jpg
    DCP_0091.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 310
Man that's' super solid. Are you gonna keep it FE5 and what's the story on the rear seat? Is that the/an original two tone color combo?

Take is easy man, those are TTI's and Passon. The 71 is the John Herlitz design that I lust for. See you at Spring Fling. Or, Vegas. Or both. Congrats!

Grats, owning a Hemi is on my bucket list. As it should be for every Mopar fan.

. Going with the stealth 426 look with the factory in-line dual 4-bbls under the Air Grabber hood and the black 71 valve covers which are included in the deal.

That's awesome, wish I could afford one. I just don't know that a stock 426 Hemi was ever a stealth look. Good luck with it.

cool project & congrats on your soon to be Hemi ownership...

hay Mark congrats on the hemi my friend has a 528 hemi in his 69 gtx it is awesome good luck with yours

Mark, You dont need that thing!! Just put it on a pallet and send it here so I can put it in this 68 Dart!!

You funny guy. I could just haul it to Carlisle for you this summer. Did you sell the RR?

- - - Updated - - -

Hey!
Thats a DANA!

Why yes, yes it is.:grin:

- - - Updated - - -

. Going with the stealth 426 look with the factory in-line dual 4-bbls under the Air Grabber hood and the black 71 valve covers which are included in the deal.

That's awesome, wish I could afford one. I just don't know that a stock 426 Hemi was ever a stealth look. Good luck with it.

I mean stealth as in a stock looking 426 versa an alum. headed 528.

Auto Transport Service
Back