• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'm thinking about making a short movie.

That's just wrong.
Don't waste any Darts. They are great cars.
In some ways better than B bodies.
Instead of wrecking ANY Mopar, use a Nova for the crash scenes.
People in the know will get it.
1715165150730.png

It has been an interest of mine for over 35+ years.
Back in the late 80s, early 90s, I was friends with some guys that were into improved handling in their cars and trucks. We has lowered suspensions and wide tires. We'd sometimes take caravan drives on curvy roads at night to rip around the curves at speeds that most people wouldn't do. I wanted to make a short movie back then about that stuff but video cameras were expensive. We spent our money on the cars and bills so the idea never went anywhere.
In the late 90s, I was making better money and I fell into some good luck here and there so I made a VHS movie with some car stunts and wrecks. I made a second movie a year later, it was a sequel to the first. Both movies ran nearly 2 hours and included actual plotlines, bad acting, stunts-wrecks-car JUMPS and even rollovers. I had family members and friends help out with the stunts and playing roles in both movies. It was a great time and I have fond memories of that time. Several family members from the movies have passed on so the movies are special to me.
In short, in the first movie, a favored car of mine is stolen, I go through a sad spell then snap out of it and through a series of events, get the car back in the end. The second movie shows me seeing the thief of my car on a Wanted poster so I play an amateur bounty hunter to get the guy and exact some revenge. What it all really was in truth was some really thin plots to justify some silly car stunts that I wanted to do.
I have no illusions about the quality of the movie or the acting. It was ALL amateurs, nobody in these movies is at risk of being handed an academy award. This was barely above a High School Play in terms of acting and such but it was a lot of fun.
As far as stunts, I jumped several cars, wrecked a few in various ways, We sideswiped a few stunt cars, rolled two over, popped numerous tires, bent numerous control arms and ball joints, One broken vertebra, some cuts and scratches. I found open fields, deserted paved roads and dead end roads to shoot all the stunts. I made jump ramps with lumber from the job. I made fragile fences to crash through. The VHS cameras of the 90s were still the size of a shoe box but I made mounts to attach the camera to the sides of cars and to my truck to get angles like you'd see in real movies.
The movies were crudely edited with multiple tapes using 3 VCRs wired together. This is an extremely slow and imprecise method. For years, I have wanted to transfer all of the tapes to DVD to REdo the two movies while editing from a computer. I just haven't made the leap to do that yet.
Here it is, 2024 and I have more free time than ever. I may want to do another movie.
Whew. Hope the script for the new one has paragraphs.... :)

Back when I made the other movies, automotive paint was pretty cheap. Not so much nowadays!
At least now I have lots of spare parts for stunt cars. I have my own trailer to haul them too.
Shoot...I'm going to need a 318 to get this junker running:

View attachment 1659912
There's still Tremclad paint. :)

I like your enthusiasm, and that you actually made a couple of movies back in the day. I always wanted to but never got around to figuring out a storyline. I just knew that I was going to use a bunch of sound effects. Like a Volkswagen (bug) driving by but sounding like an idling top fueler. Or someone jumping into a Cadillac but the starter sounds like a Mack truck air starter.

At your age, a short movie would be called a **** movie.
:rofl:
Thanks for makin my Day. Lightning took our phone lines out, Son's email server and a few other things. Needed a good laugh...

OH and there'd better be some big tits in this movie....

I agree with Wayne ^^^^ gratuitous nudity is a must........ and not you, I mean women.

With the freedom and creativity one has as an independent, several forms of a "movie" could be made. There are no investors I'd have to listen to in terms of Creative Control or content.
I would have to find a midget first and I know even fewer midgets than I do hot young women.
All of this stuff is outside of my normal circle of friends and family. That would require more research.

01 face 1.jpg

With the freedom and creativity one has as an independent, several forms of a "movie" could be made. There are no investors I'd have to listen to in terms of Creative Control or content.
I would have to find a midget first and I know even fewer midgets than I do hot young women.
All of this stuff is outside of my normal circle of friends and family. That would require more research.

View attachment 1660169
AI is your friend in the shall we say " low budget" arena.

BTW, an AI generated midget Kern would be pretty funny. Don't give up on Godzilla and Rodan, anything they are in is hilarious.

AI is your friend in the shall we say " low budget" arena.

BTW, an AI generated midget Kern would be pretty funny.
Yeah....what if my car had a misfire but only under a load...so I put the midget under the hood of the car to watch for it and have him stay there while I'm out driving around....?

01 A3.jpg

I'm busy banging every broad there is,but maybe I can fit in another shoot! Ron's going to jail after the me too squad took the hedgehog down!

See what happens when you retire and have too much time on your hands! Greg is resorting to making midget **** movies!

Auto Transport Service
Back