• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

In the hospital

Erica there’s probably quite a few on this site that have had what you’re just going thru. Take comfort in knowing you have great odds. Mine was a 100% blocked left ventricle artery - the one they call the “widow maker”. Dropped where I stood like I’d been shot. That was 12 years ago. Once I got past the shock of it all - it took awhile - Life went on and my health is pretty good. God watches over all of us all the time - and he’s caring for you right now.
100 percent???? Were there any things you missed that were signs years earlier? Ive noticed some guys look "grey" before the heart attack

Get well soon, I hope that's the last time you visit the repair shop and you have many more issue free years ahead.

100 percent???? Were there any things you missed that were signs years earlier? Ive noticed some guys look "grey" before the heart attack
Nothing at all. It was a complete shock. In fact I worked in a very stressful field with an even more stressful company so there were occasions where I would feel extremely stressed but never any chest pains or any other signs. But because I am a worrier and type A by nature I found a very good cardio doc as a rec from my PCP. I saw him and had a long discussion and asked for the “gold standard” heart test - an angiogram. He performed it and could not have been more exuberant about the results. Perfecto. I was 51 at the time - Four years later I was literally dying in the ER under major attack with 100% blockage. It is nothing short of a miracle that I survived. The Cardio on call that night was the brother of the Cardio that did my initial angiogram. When I woke up he welcomed me back and said “congratulations you just survived the widow maker - you’re lucky to be alive”. He advised most people that incur what I did drop dead where they stand or very shortly thereafter. No signs, no symptoms no nothing until as I said I dropped like a sack of rocks on my living room floor.

The moral of the story I guess is you just never know. The cemeteries are littered with those that were in outstanding shape and didn’t survive the same thing. I was in good shape to. It took me literally a couple of years to get over the stunning nature of this and shock of it all at a pretty young age. Be prepared to meet your Maker at all times because we never know when our ticket is going to get pulled. For whatever unknown reason He gave me a second chance for which I’m eternally grateful.

Well, you have a big heart and a big personality, isn't that all that matters. Send us a picture of that big smile!!! God speed and prayers sent!!

Nothing at all. It was a complete shock. In fact I worked in a very stressful field with an even more stressful company so there were occasions where I would feel extremely stressed but never any chest pains or any other signs. But because I am a worrier and type A by nature I found a very good cardio doc as a rec from my PCP. I saw him and had a long discussion and asked for the “gold standard” heart test - an angiogram. He performed it and could not have been more exuberant about the results. Perfecto. I was 51 at the time - Four years later I was literally dying in the ER under major attack with 100% blockage. It is nothing short of a miracle that I survived. The Cardio on call that night was the brother of the Cardio that did my initial angiogram. When I woke up he welcomed me back and said “congratulations you just survived the widow maker - you’re lucky to be alive”. He advised most people that incur what I did drop dead where they stand or very shortly thereafter. No signs, no symptoms no nothing until as I said I dropped like a sack of rocks on my living room floor.

The moral of the story I guess is you just never know. The cemeteries are littered with those that were in outstanding shape and didn’t survive the same thing. I was in good shape to. It took me literally a couple of years to get over the stunning nature of this and shock of it all at a pretty young age. Be prepared to meet your Maker at all times because we never know when our ticket is going to get pulled. For whatever unknown reason He gave me a second chance for which I’m eternally grateful.
Wow, good to hear you recovered. Would a stress test show it?

Wow, good to hear you recovered. Would a stress test show it?
Nope - An angiogram goes right up inside the arteries with a camera. If they can’t catch it that way they can’t catch it. That’s why the “Gold Standard”. What happened to me was a small bump of plaque in that artery broke off and very quickly other pieces followed and log jammed the artery to block the whole thing. Wasn’t like it was a buildup over a long time. At least that’s what I was told.

Put me on the Brilinta and Avorstatin for now

Welcome to the club that you likely never wanted to belong. Kudos for listening to your body and getting treatment. Had the same a while back, 99% in widowmaker (doc told me I had maybe 4 hours left), almost got lights out cause I'm stubborn.

Good to read you are recovering. Get on the recovery bandwagon. Yee haw. LOL

While back I went in for a ultra sound with contrast on my heart.
The 1st part of that test is calcium scoring because and score over 400 the contrast does not show.
My calcium score was 2,100. Got my attention. So they had me back a few days later, for a nuclear stress test.
I was on the treadmill for 11 minutes heart rate was at 163 . Girls doing the test said for 63 and 200lbs I did fine.
So now I'm taking atorvastin also and doing my best to eat better.

Auto Transport Service
Back