• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Inconsistent fuel pressure

SMack

Local time
3:38 AM
Reaction score
I have a 511 striker with a six pack Holley Black electric pump Holley regulator and 0-15 psi gauge. I set the pressure to 6.5 lbs all is good. But then the next rime I go to the car the gauge won’t read? I take it off blow air across the fitting not directly into it just lightly to get the needle to move put it back on and it works but I alway s have to reset the pressure. I have 2 of these gauges they both do the same thing. Thoughts??
Thanks Guys,
ED

Yes, buy a Carter 4600HP pump. Internally regulated, no reg reqd, quiet, cheap, will last forever & can theoretically supply a 1000 hp engine.
I DO know of a Carter elec pump that was replaced........after 19 yrs......in a daily driver.
Not because it failed......owner thought that it had earned it's 'retirement'....

Yes, buy a Carter 4600HP pump. Internally regulated, no reg reqd, quiet, cheap, will last forever & can theoretically supply a 1000 hp engine.
I DO know of a Carter elec pump that was replaced........after 19 yrs......in a daily driver.
Not because it failed......owner thought that it had earned it's 'retirement'....
Thanks Geoff 2. I’ll check it out.

Needles on mechanical fuel pressure gauges get stuck sometimes. One of mine needs a thump with my finger every once in a while

Needles on mechanical fuel pressure gauges get stuck sometimes. One of mine needs a thump with my finger every once in a while
Understood. All the reviews on the gauge I use are not good. Going to upgrade that first and go from there.
Much appreciated Purple Beeper.

Auto Transport Service
Back