• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Information needed 1966 Charger Hood Release

Greg Ducato

Workin' on it...
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
10:40 PM
Reaction score
I am looking for information regarding the hold down clips to retain the hood release cable on my 1966 Charger, are these a special item? Does anyone have a part number or successful part substitution? Might there be a picture published somewhere showing retainer location? Thanks, I bought this car ten years ago partially disassembled, and it is getting down to the final stages.

This is all I have for ya.

IMG_0740.jpeg

I am looking for information regarding the hold down clips to retain the hood release cable on my 1966 Charger, are these a special item? Does anyone have a part number or successful part substitution? Might there be a picture published somewhere showing retainer location? Thanks, I bought this car ten years ago partially disassembled, and it is getting down to the final stages.
Some of the clips from the windshield washer hoses on the cowl might possibly work.

I've been looking for these and they do not seem available especially since the 66 was the only year. The ones for the water hose kit do not look like that. I'm going to try to repurpose some lawnmower throttle hold down clips for mine. It wont look exactly perfect but it will get the job done.

Auto Transport Service
Back