• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Inland shifter

moparchris

Local time
10:12 AM
Reaction score
I'm putting a 67 GTX together that I bought as a project. Installing the Inland shifter and it must be missing an internal spring or something. It has no resistance in the mechanism in the gate between 1/2 and 3/4. It just flops around. This can't be correct?? Does anyone have a good diagram(exploded view) showing the actual parts or any good pictures i can see. to see what all goes into one of these shifters?
Thanks

after i took my original shifter apart to send out for chrome i took a picture of the guts and posted it here somewhere, try the search feature...

I'm putting a 67 GTX together that I bought as a project. Installing the Inland shifter and it must be missing an internal spring or something. It has no resistance in the mechanism in the gate between 1/2 and 3/4. It just flops around. This can't be correct?? Does anyone have a good diagram(exploded view) showing the actual parts or any good pictures i can see. to see what all goes into one of these shifters?
Thanks
Buy a new Hurst shifter ,and adapt your handle ,(or one from a swap meet) to your car. It will look correct , and you will be much Happier!

I have that idea in the back of my mind. I'm going to look for a hurst at a reasonable price and fab up a mounting flange for the Inland, but in the mean time I'd like to get this car together before I have to go back to work in a few weeks.

I’m at a crossroads with mine. It’s a ‘67 Hemi four speed GTX. I bought it with a Hurst Supershifter installed in place of the original Inland shifter with console. The fellow I bought it from supplied a console and original floor pan to to repair the butcher job to install the racing shifter. Turns out an old friend who passed last year owned and raced this car in the seventies. Should I keep the Hurst? Or return to the Inland. It has a scattershield and headers.

I’m at a crossroads with mine. It’s a ‘67 Hemi four speed GTX. I bought it with a Hurst Supershifter installed in place of the original Inland shifter with console. The fellow I bought it from supplied a console and original floor pan to to repair the butcher job to install the racing shifter. Turns out an old friend who passed last year owned and raced this car in the seventies. Should I keep the Hurst? Or return to the Inland. It has a scattershield and headers.
Doctor... Get rid of the Supershifter , and , clean up the floor to correct appearance. Buy a Competition Plus and cut off the handle ( or a donor handle) right above where it bolts to the shifter, and fab up a piece to fit the base of your inland handle....weld it on at the correct angle to clear everything and look correct, and you are a happy camper! Best of both worlds!!

Interesting I believe there was a famous team that won many a quarter mile race with the Inland.
If you are not going to competitively race the car, why bother to take away originally
Our car originally came with an Inland. Bought it with a Hurst. Redoing it now, might go back to Inland. Might get a few passes at the track in street legal in 2021
Each to Their Own.

Thanks for the input guys. I'm a fan of stock stuff and have most everything to return it to original.

Auto Transport Service
Back