• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Inline at Norwalk

dvw

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
3:05 PM
Reaction score
Ready to go. I also have to rebuild a 727 in the pits first thing in the morning for a friend. It'll be a busy day.
Doug

20230922_003439.jpg

What a great pic. Have fun and good luck.

I'll be somewhere in the stands tomorrow. Watching isn't nearly as much fun, but I look forward to Norwalk every year.
FYI: They ended a decades-long tradition this year: no more pound of ice cream for $1. So sad.

Norwalk uses the worse red tree. They run worse red in your class?

Run hard and be safe. You got this in the the bag.

Our class is the old style red. Friday will be the new style during the gamblers race. The old Cummins is a 95 with 230k on the clock. It's slightly hopped up. It'll pull at 90 if you dared.
Doug

Qualified decent after figuring out the weather. Wind will.be an issue all weekend. Running 9.25 last 3 hits were 9.266, 9.256, 9.260. I have Dave's trans repaired. Went to rd 2 in the gamblers race. Lost a close one to Dan Brewer. .006. Tomorrow is the first N/SS race.
Doug

49629.jpeg

49627 (1).jpeg

49633.jpeg

Nice! Thanks for the update

Had a great day. Took out good friend Mike DeChicco in rd 6 final. Unfortunately his car broke. But we were set on the 9.25 index. In the the semis we ran 9.253. If I hadn't lifted, it would've run 9.258 in the final.
Doug

Had a great day. Took out good friend Mike DeChicco in rd 6 final. Unfortunately his car broke. But we were set on the 9.25 index. In the the semis we ran 9.253. If I hadn't lifted, it would've run 9.258 in the final.
Doug
Congratulations on the win!

Great day for you, Doug! The wife and I were there on the OhioCat side routing you on. Congrats!

Qualified decent after figuring out the weather. Wind will.be an issue all weekend. Running 9.25 last 3 hits were 9.266, 9.256, 9.260. I have Dave's trans repaired. Went to rd 2 in the gamblers race. Lost a close one to Dan Brewer. .006. Tomorrow is the first N/SS race.
Doug

View attachment 1528941

View attachment 1528942

View attachment 1528943
I think I knew you were good Doug, but rebuilding a 727 on the back of an open deck car trailer in a couple hours is impressive.
Congratulations on the win, and I'm glad I got to meet you.

Auto Transport Service
Back