• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Insane parts prices!

chargervert

Local time
9:31 AM
Reaction score
Anyone see the 6k 71 Charger R/T doors in the parts section? Or the 3k rear bumper with R/T lights! I'm sure glad I already have them! Holy smokes!

I have. The guy can ask any ridiculous amount he wants. It won't sell, just a waste of time. There is a lot of overpriced "gold" in the for sale section.

I thought the 6 k was a typo error until I saw 3 k on the rear bumper assembly :drinks:

Yeah, I saw those ads too. Methinks he is trying to fund his retirement. Those prices are "above and beyond" crazy. As it has already been mentioned...they wont sell. King Midas will have to price them accordingly at that point.

Yep, just witnessed it myself yesterday at an all Mopar swap meet. Many of these guys are just nuts. This hobby is just getting priced right out of the next Generation to enjoy it. No one will even budge off of their prices either.

I have seen the taillights sell in the $750 to a grand range and the bumper with brackets for another $500,on the high end that's half the price listed. The doors go anywhere from $500 to $1500 each depending upon the condition of them. A $1500 door would have to be in ready to install and paint condition to warrant that number. I have bought a whole 71 Charger R/T for less than the price of those parts. I have reached the point where I decide what is the highest price I will pay for a particular part,and if they want more than that they can keep it. Eventually I will find it within the price range I want to pay.

Last time I priced those tail lights they were creeping North of $1500 and that was pre-pandemic/inflation.

Those doors have always been crazy expensive for the times IMO.

saw a set of ferrari rims 16K on FB! who is looking for ferrari rims on FB? should have been listed on FFO-KCUF

Last time I priced those tail lights they were creeping North of $1500 and that was pre-pandemic/inflation.

Those doors have always been crazy expensive for the times IMO.
My friend bought a set of taillights on here last year for $750.

The same friend who bought the taillights, sold this 71 Charger R/T door for $500 last year too. It was complete with glass and internal pieces, but needed some rust repairs on the lower corners. It was straight though.

85.jpg

And not just car parts. Went to the hardware store for 2 10mm x 2 1/2'' Bolts and 4 10mm nuts.
The bolts were $1.79 each and nuts were $.65 each. $6.18 total. I was dumbfounded.

And not just car parts. Went to the hardware store for 2 10mm x 2 1/2'' Bolts and 4 10mm nuts.
The bolts were $1.79 each and nuts were $.65 each. $6.18 total. I was dumbfounded.

Not sure if you have them out that way, but Tractor Supply sells bolts by the pound at a certain grade. It's the best place to buy hardware in bulk as they don't charge you per item. I go there now for all my hardware as its the best bang for the buck just FYI.

Yep, just witnessed it myself yesterday at an all Mopar swap meet. Many of these guys are just nuts. This hobby is just getting priced right out of the next Generation to enjoy it. No one will even budge off of their prices either.
Well, you didn’t stop at my spots, but I’m not known as the “cheap parts guy” for nuthin’! Some folks who bought parts thought I was kidding about the price, some like to throw out low offers not expecting to get the part, they were alway met with a “get yer money out”! I’m in the business of selling parts, not hauling them around. I had at least 1/2 dozen people ask for my number, only to find that they already had my number in their phones from years past. I like to help folks out on their projects, and I think they appreciate that.

saw a set of ferrari rims 16K on FB! who is looking for ferrari rims on FB? should have been listed on FFO-KCUF

there have been several sets of original restored Corvette Knock Off wheels go across BaT at sold prices that were as high as $18,000. Which is about what I paid for my 66 427 Vette in 1988. Some prices are nuts but there seem to be guys out there for whom price is no object.

Should change his name to 71WhatsHeSmoking on another note they look like the doors that were For sale at the Nats in Ohio on the first row at the gate this past show.. They were like $1200-1500pr

there have been several sets of original restored Corvette Knock Off wheels go across BaT at sold prices that were as high as $18,000. Which is about what I paid for my 66 427 Vette in 1988. Some prices are nuts but there seem to be guys out there for whom price is no object.
And those people ruin it for the rest. Now 1 guy sells it that much we all can, and the hobby goes down hill

I probably did
Well, you didn’t stop at my spots, but I’m not known as the “cheap parts guy” for nuthin’! Some folks who bought parts thought I was kidding about the price, some like to throw out low offers not expecting to get the part, they were alway met with a “get yer money out”! I’m in the business of selling parts, not hauling them around. I had at least 1/2 dozen people ask for my number, only to find that they already had my number in their phones from years past. I like to help folks out on their projects, and I think they appreciate that.
Stop at your tables but didn't realize that it was your stuff. I am the same way. If I have $75.00 on something and someone says will you take $40.00, I say yep. My buddies are like dude that was almost half. I don't care. If I brought it to sell I don't want it. Something is better than nothing.

Auto Transport Service
Back