• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Installing 1.03 bars with 20 degree clocking

I had to fight the seals too and split one. Used a lot of silicon grease but now I wonder if dropping them in a pan of hot water for 5 minutes or so would have worked better.

I had to remove the bump stops too in addition to loosening my shocks. Bars just barely aligned with the hex recess at full, relaxed droop and slid in by hand without raising the control arm any.

I’m not finding the 1.03 bars to be harsh at all in my 66 Hemi Sat. Maybe a bit firmer than my stock 67 GTX but very subtle. Good choice.

Did not have any issues installing my PST 1.03. Full droop, bump stop removed. The biggest fight came via the polyurethane dust boots!!!!
Exactly. I prefer the stock dust boots myself.

With 20 degree clocking I can say there’s no need to remove the A arm bump stops to install
the bars. I went ahead and put a factory bar in place just to get it set up correctly and they are clocked 30 degrees and yes no way to get them in without removing the bump stops. I then installed the 1.03 bar and had to raise up the lower arm to allow the bar to go in the pivot
anchor. Plenty of room for the bump stop to be in place to install the bigger bars now when I get it back on the ground with all the weight on them I’ll see how it goes. Have the adjustment bolt ran in quite a bit to get it to contact the pivot arm.

I had to fight the seals too and split one. Used a lot of silicon grease but now I wonder if dropping them in a pan of hot water for 5 minutes or so would have worked better.

Yup and add a drop or two of Dawn dish washing soap and they slip right on.

Ya I had to boil them for a while, even then I couldnt slide them on. I think I ended up cutting an old funnel neck off and had the taper over the hex and was finally able to slide it up and over.
I had already ripped a rubber one so I figured the poly wouldnt. Dont know if it was worth the fight though.

Auto Transport Service
Back