• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Installing vent window and glass assemblies?

AR67GTX

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
4:21 PM
Reaction score
I last did this about 20 years ago on my 67 which is apparently longer than the half life of my memory. The window sweeps are in place which is probably the key, although the vent frame came out with the sweeps in without much issue. But now as I study things I see no way the glass channel is going to fit between them in order to get clearance to get the front vent window leg in. I tried to get a piece of 3/4 “ wood in there between the sweeps which matches the channel section dimension of the glass runner and no way.

Remove one of the sill sweeps and replace once in? Any other idea?

of course the FSM is pretty much slide it in and bolt it down - lot of help.

thanks

Looks like only option is to pull off at least one of the sweeps - inside on I guess as it’s a cat whiskers type and less expensive than the flocked rubber ones I have on the outside. I hope one off is enough. I hate removing these things. Those clips hang on for dear life and usually the sweep gets beat up in the battle. Lesson learned.

feed a wire around each clip and pull them up..
superbirdcleanup2019part2 090.JPG
superbirdcleanup2019part2 091.JPG

I used a paint stick and pushed up on the end of the tang of the clip from inside the door. Went a lot better than I thought - no damage. But wouldn’t work too well with glass in the door - the wire trick would probably be better to use then.

Auto Transport Service
Back