• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Instrument bezel

rrTor-Red

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
10:06 PM
Reaction score
Thinking of changing out my instrument bezel. Yes, no? I can't remember if it just pulls away from the gauges or have to go to the back side. Any advice/help/ is appreciated. 71 BTW.

Thanks

Thinking of changing out my instrument bezel. Yes, no? I can't remember if it just pulls away from the gauges or have to go to the back side. Any advice/help/ is appreciated. 71 BTW.

Thanks
I seem to remember several Phillips head screws from the backside and a couple 3/8 nuts, it was a little bit of a pain in the *** to do at the junkyard in texas summer laying in rat turds.

Yea, I figured that. Instrument panel is in already and now, I don't think it will happen. Can't get to pull the whole thing out, huh? I'm sure that's the same way to try and pull the whole thing too, huh? Thanks!

Yeap... it needs to pull out the cluster and will find as far I recall 8 phillips screws on back. No nuts, just the screws. Nuts hold the AC unit control to the housing, but is not related to the bezel.

Well, I don't think I'll do it. I think I'd have to loosen the whole dash, tilt it down to get to the backside of the instruments. I should've done this prior, not after everything is in place.:BangHead:

Thanks everyone

Reference photo.
June 5th (5).jpg

Yea, I don't think I'll be changing it out. Anyone need a good one, it's for sale, been refurbished?

I can't recall if they are actually 8, 9 or 10 screws... but something like that.
if you sent to refurbish a bezel and that's the one you'd like to install... why not to install it ? Cluster is not really hard to be pulled out. Sure needs some patiente, but definitelly not hard to do

I have a better one than what I got. It's all installed and QAS gonna replace the bezel along with LED's but I don't want to pull the whole thing out just for that now. I can see a few bulbs but barley see where the screws are to hold the bezel in.

It's virtually imposible replace the bezel without pull out the cluster ( not the dash, but the cluster ). The bezel in fact also attachs to the dash frame with 6 screws getting together also the cluster housing on the two top screws just right above the gauges and two more between steering column down the dash frame

Some of the screws are deep into the housing from back too.

T2R9- It will be tomorrow till I can get you some.

Auto Transport Service
Back