• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Intake Gasket Recommendations

glrestomod

Local time
8:59 AM
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I have several people helping me with my 1969 Dodge Charger in another thread, but I need help finding the right intake gasket. I may have a vacuum leak through the intake gasket.

Here is a pic of the numbers on the intake. It’s a 1970 383 4bbl engine with an Edelbrock intake and the numbers DP4B stamped on the top as seen in the pic below. What I take gasket do you all recommend?

IMG_0445.jpeg

First check for correct fitment / warpage between head and manifold.
I just use the Fel-Pro 1214 valley tray gasket with the blocked off crossover.

Your picture says Carb Base Gasket

451 Mentioned Intake Manifold to Head Valley Pan / Gaskets if needed

Are you talking Carb Base Gasket ?

Your picture says Carb Base Gasket

451 Mentioned Intake Manifold to Head Valley Pan / Gaskets if needed

Are you talking Carb Base Gasket ?
Sorry, I was asking about the intake gasket, and I posted the pic because it has the numbers of the intake for the proper part number. It does have the carb/carb gasket in the pic (which has been rebuilt and a brand new gasket installed), but it's that close up so the intake part numbers are visible.

I had to use all 4 soft gaskets with my valley pan using an aluminum intake. Had an Eddy intake and changed it several times. Thought is was the intake so bought a new Weiand for cheap and same thing. Decided to try all 4 soft gaskets with the pan as I've never had to before. Been fine for 2 summers now

I had to use all 4 soft gaskets with my valley pan using an aluminum intake. Had an Eddy intake and changed it several times. Thought is was the intake so bought a new Weiand for cheap and same thing. Decided to try all 4 soft gaskets with the pan as I've never had to before. Been fine for 2 summers now
Awesome!! Thanks for the heads up!!

Auto Transport Service
Back