• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Intake help?

Ron 73

Deceased, But not forgotton
Local time
6:42 PM
Reaction score
A 273 and 318 are both small blocks but will one intake fit on the other? 273 from 67 Coronet, the 318 if im being told right from sattelite 1973. reason i ask is im having intake and carb problems, right now i just cant afford to buy either. and one important thing is the 318 has been built up some, how much i don't know it has quite a cam in it and rollor rockers so will a 2-barrel even be enough? Im just trying to get thru untill winter is all, Im done with it all but a few details and would like to ride it around a few times before its time for winter hibernation. Ron...

It will physically bolt on and run, how good it will run is dependent on what modifications to the 318.

The earlier 273 intakes from 64 & 65 will not fit so quick. There attaching hardware is smaller and at a different angle than later years.

The carb on the intake may need to be riched up a tad. Like said above, alot depends on what mods have been done to the 318, (if any.) but it can work.

What carb is on top?

Id like to thank you all.... The carb is a 2-barrel Carter... Ron

Auto Transport Service
Back