• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Intake Manifold Height

Randy Wilson

Local time
12:42 PM
Reaction score
does anyone out there know the difference in height between a Holley single plane Street dominator versus a 68-71 stock intake? Application is a 383.

I don't know the height of the iron stocker, but the 383 street dominator is 4 1/8 at the front of the carb pad, 5 1/4 at the rear, according to holley.

For a 440, the HD is 0.9” taller than the 178 factory cast iron manifold. I suspect this difference would be the same for the 383 manifolds.

I have the exact height differences between those 2 intakes wrote down in the shop. I'll dig them out tomorrow.

Not sure if you can read my scratching in this pic. The Holley Street Dominator 300-10 is 15/16" taller than the stock 383 2806301 and will fit under an air grabber hood/ductwork with a 440 air cleaner base if that is what you are doing. I am running this setup on my 69 Bee.

20231017_055912.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for this. It’s very helpful. I have an air grabber setup. I just cringe at the price of a RB baseplate. Probably more than a mortgage payment

Thanks for this. It’s very helpful. I have an air grabber setup. I just cringe at the price of a RB baseplate. Probably more than a mortgage payment
A mistake that I just caught. Edelbrock Performer 7186 is 1 15/16" taller than a stock manifold, not just 15/16" like I had wrote down. Thought I had corrected that before posting the pic, but I guess I didn't.

A mistake that I just caught. Edelbrock Performer 7186 is 1 15/16" taller than a stock manifold, not just 15/16" like I had wrote down. Thought I had corrected that before posting the pic, but I guess I didn't.
Is the Performer 7186 taller than a Street Dominator single plane?

The RPM is 1" taller than a Street Dominator making it impossible to fit under an air grabber hood.

I was asking about the regular performer, not the rpm one

You said “7186”. That is the RPM.

And no, the standard Performer is not taller than the Holley SD.

Last edited:
I posted that the 7186 is an inch taller than a Street Dominator. A standard Performer 2186 is about 3/8" shorter than a Holley SD. That info is on the paper I posted as well.....

Auto Transport Service
Back