• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Intake results? LA

motorparts92

Local time
2:25 PM
Reaction score
Looking for any info on what to expect from the various intakes out there such as edelbrock, weiand, etc... single 4 bbl, my engine is pretty mild...10.5:1 ratio, J heads, 450/455 purple shaft, 69 stock manifolds. Plan to run a 670 street avenger or possibly 650 avs.
Nothing helps selection more than experience!

Definitely a dual plane. This is going back a few years, but I had great results with an old LD340 style intake and a 600 DP Holley. I'd run the AVS or AFB as they seem crisper and more reliable for street use.

What about these generic ones i see on ebay alot? anyone tried them? heres a link for one with an air gap. 165 bucks BIN!!

don't use rip offs of other companies stuff.

Leave that crap on flea bay

If you can find a ld340 use that, or a edel dual plane

Get a holley street dominator single plane. I have one on my old 360 and its works great. When you hit 3000 rpm with the cherry bombs it really starts to hit powerband.

Get a holley street dominator single plane. I have one on my old 360 and its works great. When you hit 3000 rpm with the cherry bombs it really starts to hit powerband.

That's not working great, when you feel that its because you're killing the low end, the DP intake helps by stacking. . .
You'd be faster with the right intake, or some other fix for that issue but that isn't right

Seems to work ok with the steet dominator, its no slouch. Its an old tired motor anyways. Its gonna get rebuilt soon anyways

Auto Transport Service
Back