• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Interchange question

Kern Dog

Life is full of turns. Build your car to handle.
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
4:52 AM
Reaction score
Hello...
If anyone knows the answer to this, I'd appreciate the help.
THIS IS NOT A WANT TO BUY THREAD.
The glove box hinge on a 1970 B body: Are they all the same whether you have a Rallye dash or a standard one?
I just need direction to know what interchanges. Thank you.
Greg

Hello...
If anyone knows the answer to this, I'd appreciate the help.
THIS IS NOT A WANT TO BUY THREAD.
The glove box hinge on a 1970 B body: Are they all the same whether you have a Rallye dash or a standard one?
I just need direction to know what interchanges. Thank you.
Greg

Everyone with an old car should have a car parts catalog. :poke:

See below:

IMG_20240512_115110622~2.jpg
IMG_20240512_115746145~2.jpg

I am the interchange catalog but I've been lucky. Most of the cars I've owned have been A bodies where there is a wide range of years and models that share parts. The Charger does have some unique one year only parts and Jigsaw was missing some of them. I didn't know of the differences in stuff as silly as the ash tray door between Rally and NON Rally dash models.

I am the interchange catalog but I've been lucky. Most of the cars I've owned have been A bodies where there is a wide range of years and models that share parts. The Charger does have some unique one year only parts and Jigsaw was missing some of them. I didn't know of the differences in stuff as silly as the ash tray door between Rally and NON Rally dash models.
Used to be pretty much the same way in I only focused on E body cars and parted so many of them that I had a good stock of just about everything I needed. The majority of the cars I parted were 70 models and very rarely owned other years and when I owned them in the mid 70's.....well, just wasn't looking for parts for them.

Oh boy....E bodies are their own animal too. I understand that the '70 models had some one year only parts too.

Oh boy....E bodies are their own animal too. I understand that the '70 models had some one year only parts too.
Yup, they did but so did many of the other lines too. Seems like they were always making changes for either to make something better or something that cost less that was either better or not.

Ash Receiver is two full pages of part numbers! Egads :p

Anyway, here is the info for the '70 Charger:

IMG_20240512_173718977~4.jpg
IMG_20240512_174655124~2.jpg
IMG_20240512_174859815~2.jpg

When I think of the cost of cars, I have to remember all of the associated costs the manufacturers had in building them besides parts and assembly.
ALL of the paperwork cataloging part numbers and assembly/repair procedures like this above!

Auto Transport Service
Back