• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Interesting 68 charger

Roger63

Local time
9:04 AM
Reaction score
https://lasvegas.craigslist.org/cto/d/las-vegas-1968-dodge-charger/6996386763.html
00606_67mwQWw5E6G_600x450.jpg
00W0W_hZyWuUkhNUC_600x450.jpg
00i0i_hYOmuLopcLX_600x450.jpg
00t0t_eSE0YYLZLJs_600x450.jpg

It is a 68 Charger and is interesting. For someone with a real want it's worth getting a lot more information. Looks like the dash has been modified for the newer radio. How solid it is and how much works at present is another question.

Why do people still scribble out a license number ???

Nice looking car. As long as there isn’t too much wrong underneath the paint it has a lot of potential.

Rust box? From one picture showing a poor repair?

30 k is alot after looking at the pictures closer. I want to buy one , but not that bad.

The bonds on top of the quarter answers a lot...

Especially the ones who buy it a quart at a time from the local hardware store lol. That's when you really know it went from a smoothing process with filler, to a "Lets fill the holes up with some of that there bondo and some tin foil and make er' shine Billy!" Usually when someone says how much bondo is in it, I check out. Most that are in the trade or know ask where the areas of filler are. I love me some of that there old Bondo! Makes my 86 Monte Carlo really smooth and rust free! :D:D:D:D And no I don't own an 86 Monte! :p:p
:rofl:

There are a few spots on the car where water got underneath the paint and either started to bubble or flake.....ummmmm....ok?
I know it's a 68 but 30k for a 318 car may be a little high on this one IMO.

I could be wrong, but that looks more like a New York license plate than a Nevada plate. That could explain all of rust, and could mean a horror underneath.

00i0i_hYOmuLopcLX_1200x900.jpg
NEVADA-LICENSE-PLATE-VER1-TEAMLOGO.png
download.png

The car needs quarters, and anyone who has ever replaced quarter panels on a second generation B body knows that once the quarters are removed there is always more metal work to be done. It looks like a 22k to 25k tops car to me.

I could be wrong, but that looks more like a New York license plate than a Nevada plate. That could explain all of rust, and could mean a horror underneath.

View attachment 856908 View attachment 856909 View attachment 856910
Your reply makes me glad I found this site. This is something I would never have thought of from the pictures. I once made a trip to downtown NYC to purchase a 68 Coronet R/T that was seriously misrepresented. Needless to say that was a 1200 mile trip one way that I wasted. On the other hand I have purchased 2 cars that came from the New York area were great. I still have one of those. Extra eyes and opinions need to be listened to.

It appears that they are portraying this car as a western car,and it may be, and most western cars are generally in better shape than cars from the northeast where road salt is commonly used. That said, it is hard to find a second generation Charger that doesn't need any metal work. I own two 70 Charger R / Ts from California, and both need some metal work and sheet metal replacement, but not nearly as much as the Chargers that I have restored from the northeast.

Rust box? From one picture showing a poor repair?
If you look at the lower quarters and rockers they show quite a bit of bubbling. The area around the lower rear window trim doesn't look kosher either. Northeast car's are sketchy at best. This one looks like it's seen its share of salt. Good chance the frame rails and cross member are compromised. All in all if it runs and drives I would say its in the neighborhood of 18 to 22 grand as it sits. I'm sure most of us have seen rolling rust buckets bring 5 to 10 grand all day long, less drivetrain and missing parts.

Auto Transport Service
Back