• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Interesting 68 charger

WOW! the car was special ordered and came with the 225 slant six engine also was ordered with the 3 speed standard shift on the column. Thanks RC. I actually did not know that a 68 came with a 225 and a 3 on the tree. Never saw one and that would be a rare car....I have just learned some 68 Charger knowledge from your post. Thanks

It was rare for a reason and doesn’t make it more valuable....

I agree, I had a 71 Barracuda convertible that was a slant 6 car one of 163 built. It was rare,but I couldn't pull out the slant 6 boat anchor fast enough, and put in a 383 Magnum from a 71 Challenger R / T. The car was an absolute dog with the slant 6, rare yes,desirable, not so much.

What is interesting about it? small block auto base xp charger, other then a yellow white interior combo which is not really that rare.

Excuse my ignorance, would a 318 Charger like the yellow one have come with the dash gauges as shown in the photo?

Yes. ALL 68-70 Chargers had the small gauges to the right of the speedometer. Some got the clock to the left, some had a clock with a tachometer....In 1970, the XH model (Base level) had a blank there like THIS:

XH No tach 2.jpg

there aren't enough detailed pics to determine that car is a "rust box" ..... I'm sure it's there to some extent, in all the usual places; but it may not be all that horrible.....

I don't see rust creeping out of the trunk gutter seems...... in the pic of the trunk (mat), I can see an area of inner wheelhouse where it meets the trunk floor that is solid. That area always needs a patch on every 68-70 B i've worked on......that thing on top of the quarter? who knows....... 30K? maybe half that.... maybe

Last edited:
That was my point too.
I didn't enlarge any picture beyond what they show when you click on it. I only saw what was evident in the regular sized pictures.
One member here got extremely rude to me for questioning the "rust box" claim that he had as if HIS word is golden and everyone should just bow down to him.
Why would anyone get so pissed about a car that neither of us will ever own, ever see or ever be financially affected by?

That was my point too.
I didn't enlarge any picture beyond what they show when you click on it. I only saw what was evident in the regular sized pictures.
One member here got extremely rude to me for questioning the "rust box" claim that he had as if HIS word is golden and everyone should just bow down to him.
Why would anyone get so pissed about a car that neither of us will ever own, ever see or ever be financially affected by?

Ya his comments were not very good , it would been to easy just to say on his part ,it was on ebay with better pictures showing the affected areas .

I've put together seven rusty (some worse than others) 68-70 B shells over the last 10 years...... the pics of that car look better than all of them

How about 30 large for a slant 6?

I purchased it, slant 6 , with 3 in the tree. 225. I have only been able to find 3 ever made. Thought it was a good investment. I would like to keep it original. What do you guys think? It is definitely on the high end , I know but, to many people just want to put a 440in it. I am keeping it all original to include returning it to its original Bright Blue poly. Even though I love it in black.

Auto Transport Service
Back