• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Interesting article on brand new steering upgrade for all Mopars.

Good read. My Firm-Feel Stage 1 has been on the Willow Springs track, not in competition. It drives right (for me) when used with the smaller diameter Momo steering wheel. What is the advantage over installing a Firm Feel box from PST? Is there a weight savings.

Have one for my `cuda ragtop. Just installed the rest of the front-end, yesterday. Borgeson box, QA1 lowers, Hotchkiss, uppers, 2" dropped spindles, c-body tie-rod stuff, 1 1/4" swaybar, QA1 strut rods, Bilstein shocks, and Wilwood 6-piston brakes.

6qfjmh.jpg

k3aixx.jpg

2dqjyol.jpg

How long before you can give us a review on it on the road? I am really interested in this, change to modern feel steering and revert if I need to get back to original.

How long before you can give us a review on it on the road? I am really interested in this, change to modern feel steering and revert if I need to get back to original.

X2

I'm sure someone else will be done before me. I'm doing the 6.4/NAG1 deal, and everything will be taking time to set up as I like stuff to be. It'll probably be about this time.....next year. Lots of dollars to gather and spend, and lots of stuff to engineer and fabricate.

I think I paid about $900, with coupler, lines, etc.

$185 for the coupler, $675 for the box and another $75 for the hose kit; that's a whopping $935.

I think I'll take Firm Feel for $375, Alex. :yes:

$185 for the coupler, $675 for the box and another $75 for the hose kit; that's a whopping $935.

I think I'll take Firm Feel for $375, Alex. :yes:

Yep, I'm sticking with my manual steering box. My wife says it's the only exercise I get.:steering:

After looking at the moparts thread, it would seem that the majority of people like to build lego cars, or they have a hissy-fit. It's no wonder my cars take a bunch longer to build than most people's. I like my stuff different, and we do lots of fitting and fabbing. I also believe most people are better off buying factory replacement stuff, if they aren't into a bit of drama and in a hurry. This car will have custom built headers and exhaust, as well.

The `cuda is also scheduled to have a hydro-boost system on the brakes, and the 40-50 year old factory stuff, ain't gonna cut it.

Last edited:
Firm Feel offers 3 stages of steering feel giving a bit more choice. But for clearance issues this smaller box will be a problem solver for sure.

I have the Borgeson box on order from Bergman Auto Craft, he is also supplying adapters, lines etc to my ididit column and 6.1 Hemi pump and reservoir. I chose this box for the extra clearance it gives me as well as the ratio.

Auto Transport Service
Back