• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

interesting Thanksgiving factoid.....

eldubb440

more miracles than Jesus
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
1:28 AM
Reaction score

Plumbers prepare for 'Brown Friday,' issue warnings about their busiest day of the year​

Plumbers across the country are bracing themselves for "Brown Friday," a four-day sewage fest that takes place coast to coast when people start dumping their Thanksgiving leftovers down the disposal, in both the kitchen and the bathroom, leading to massive backups.

Brown Friday is easily the busiest time of year for plumbers, with Roto-Rooter estimating a 50% spike in calls on Friday. Plumbers see a 21% jump on the four-day weekend as a whole.

Plumbers prepare for 'Brown Friday,' issue warnings about their busiest day of the year

Plumbers prepare for 'Brown Friday,' issue warnings about their busiest day of the year​

Plumbers across the country are bracing themselves for "Brown Friday," a four-day sewage fest that takes place coast to coast when people start dumping their Thanksgiving leftovers down the disposal, in both the kitchen and the bathroom, leading to massive backups.

Brown Friday is easily the busiest time of year for plumbers, with Roto-Rooter estimating a 50% spike in calls on Friday. Plumbers see a 21% jump on the four-day weekend as a whole.

Plumbers prepare for 'Brown Friday,' issue warnings about their busiest day of the year
Yuk! I wish I didn't know this.

You know what the plumber said when he walked into a house with backed up sewage?

I had a former business partner who owned a waste management company in Alaska. His saying was, 'Where there's muck, there's money'. He was quite wealthy so I figured he knew what he was talking about.

Its a compliment to the cook to plug up the toilet.
Theres a hallmark card in this somewhere-

I had a former business partner who owned a waste management company in Alaska. His saying was, 'Where there's muck, there's money'. He was quite wealthy so I figured he knew what he was talking about.

used to be a septic tank sucker truck around here........ on the back it said "your sh#t is our bread and butter" :D

We just used to call it the honey wagon.

Last edited:
I made more money than I would have as a local attorney when I hauled hazardous waste. Paid for a few GTXs, and I was never without work.

That’s pretty sh!tty.

Its a compliment to the cook to plug up the toilet.
Theres a hallmark card in this somewhere-
The article was not about turds. It was about people dumping leftovers from their plates into the sink and garbage disposals.
It is interesting how we all act depending on how we are raised. I used to dump stuff in the sink but a few years ago, I started scraping the plates over the garbage can. The dishwasher has it easier, the sink doesn't get as dirty and it actually reduces the burden on the sewer system.

The article was not about turds. It was about people dumping leftovers from their plates into the sink and garbage disposals.
It is interesting how we all act depending on how we are raised. I used to dump stuff in the sink but a few years ago, I started scraping the plates over the garbage can. The dishwasher has it easier, the sink doesn't get as dirty and it actually reduces the burden on the sewer system.
OK Mr. Killjoy this thread was pretty entertaining until that post.

OK Mr. Killjoy this thread was pretty entertaining until that post.

now back to our regularly scheduled poop

1700856849974.png

Auto Transport Service
Back