• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Interior Assembly

VANDAN

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
3:05 AM
Reaction score
I'm moving on to getting the interior done, on the '63. Is there an order to follow, at the rear window ? Is the jute glued to the inner rear panel ? Should the gasket, and window go in first, or no specific order ?

0927221302.jpg

Don't know how close the '62 is. My glass was in when I installed mine. The board sits under the window seal.The jute wasn't glued as far as I could tell. You could use just a little spray adhesive in a couple spots just to keep it in place. I didn't because the board has two buttons in the center that goes through it. The inside panels (cards) on the rear quarters did have to go on first.
20180322_125431.jpg

20180324_123058.jpg

@VANDAN

Just a thought.

I'm thinking you would install the rear glass and seal using a string, pulling it on the inside to seat the seal. If that's how it's done then it would be wise to install the glass first so pulling the string wouldn't scar up the deck board. Or does the string get pulled from the outside?

Thanks kk, I think I'll start with the window gasket, and check the fits. Probably go for the window after that, and follow your path. I'd be real happy if mine ended up close to what Your's looks like !

Update on the job, things seem to be fitting well, gonna follow kk's lead, and go for the window, as soon as I can get a helper over, I don't think I'll try that myself...
0927221721a.jpg
0927221721.jpg
0927221619.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back