• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Interior color question ?????

Wile E

Local time
1:07 AM
Reaction score
Getting ready to dye/paint some of my interior trim. I am building a 70 Road Runner convertible clone. The car is going to be either Lemon or Alpine White. My seats and top are white. The dash is black. My question is, what color should the A Pillar covers be? Black or white? Not sure what the factory would have done with this combo. Also, my door panels are white so should my upper doors and rear interior panels be white as well?? Any help appreciated.

Hmmm, I wonder, There is a code on the fender tags for upper door paint, ( lower is painted same too). You had an option of painting the inside of the doors the body color, the interior color, or black,,,I think,,,!!! If you are "creating" then you have a choice,,,

A pillar should match the dash...
112828_Rear_3-4_Web.jpg

Great! Thanks for the input gang. That photo really helps to. I can't wait to see the car in color with all the white interior and boot etc. The black A Pillar covers look right as rain on the blue car for sure. I think the Alpine White body will be a huge risk but should be worth it. I am leaning that way with a black hood stripe and Go Wing. Also the dust trail to break it all up some. I will post some pics as soon as color goes on. This is my B3 coupe.

DSCN4416.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back