• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ipod, MP3 player

696pack

Local time
7:49 AM
Reaction score
I have installed the original radio that is converted to AM/FM and auxillary port for Ipod, MP3 player. This also has 4 speakers and sub-woofer in trunk.

I know nothing about these players or how to down load music to them. I assume they come with software to do this through computer but don't know for sure. I have not bought a player yet so I need suggestions to help out my 62 year old *** for this.

The port is in the corner of the inside of the center console of the car so I can hook it up and leave out of sight.

The car is a 1966 Charger.

Thanks in advance.

download i tunes onto your computer, you can either load any cd's or music you have on your computer onto "itunes" or download music like i do.

once you have dragged all your music files into "itunes" plug your ipod into the computer and hit the sync button on itunes and it should take a couple of minutes and should have all hte music on your ipod

Ipod seems to be the norm, but by no means do you have to buy one...other MP3 Players will cost a fraction of the cost and are a lot easier to load/unload than the itunes interface. As benno mentioned, if you go the ipod route you will have to download itunes:

http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

Other MP3 players like Samsung work like a zip/thumb drive...you plug it in to your computer, file opens and add-delete music as you see fit. Itunes will take you some time to figure out, but there is a help section as well as apple.com that can guide you along.

Welcome to the digital age.....By far having an MP3 player leaves you with a ton more options as well as space when it comes to your personal music library.

Here's all the help you need:

http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/articles/tutorials/

iTunes 11 changed a lot of the features, so if you can find v.10 instead, get it, and ignore the "update available" messages.

Or, if you buy the iPod from a physical (not online) Apple Store, they'll show you how everything works in person.

I've got five iPods and one is just for summer cruising - it's got all of the 1968-74 Billboard 100 tracks from each year on it. Just like playing an AM radio back in the day, but with no deejays or ads and waaaaaay better sound. :)

Auto Transport Service
Back