• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is any 71 Roadrunner 383 out there worth 80k?

Nope. My 71 was a lot more cleaner and it sold for 36k

Not that one I'd say at best it's a $25k car and I'm being generous

Not unless it's extremely low miles {like almost none}
1 of 1 & has every option 'in the world available',
am/fm 8 track - (with cb) & microphone {LOL}
special order 99 color, A/C, 4 speed, dana-60, N96 air-grabber
leather {If it was available}, electric windows, buckets,
console, sun roof, matching #'s, P Disc B & PST, track pack
oil cooler, trans cooler, tow package, all org. all flawless condition
extremely low mileage all org. survivor {not restored}
sealed away in a temperature & humidity controlled shelter
since day 1
Maybe if it's in an action situation,
a captured audience with $$$
people 1/2 drunk
maybe with 2 people that really have to have it
or sentimental value
& they have a pissing/bidding war contest,
to show who has 'the most money over brains'

I've seen a few extremely nice 383 cars sell for $50k,
not necessarily that year

Last edited:
That car was for sale at Vanguard Motors in Michigan a couple years ago. There's a lot incorrect on that car, A LOT. I'm not gonna pick it apart but says it's a factory air car, the firewall is definitely an air conditioning firewall yet the dash isn't an air dash, no vents on the drivers side so the dash has been out and changed for what reason ? VIN swap possibly. I'd have to check body VIN numbers before I bought that car. Cool added options but I'd say 25-30k

A 1971 Challenger with a 383 goes for 50K in #1 condition.

One car going to one buyer does --not-- establish the value.
We all have to accept the difference between a need to sell price vs a -paid for- investment to play with an auction to sell a car.

Value and selling prices continue to be of great interest.
This hobby is made of many folks with many motivations.
For those with the passion for the cars as being a part of their lives the question of ultimate value is not the same as gathering bits and living with the car/project.

Some give their heart and sole for the car they want and effort for many years to get it. --Others just write a check and buy one (perhaps from) one that had a lifetime passion for what is now for sale.

This is a big hobby. And this is a good gathering place to discuss everything from how to cement a rear window to how to deal with family issues.

Ultimate "value" of what we do tends to get to be a personal question.

Last edited:
But to answer your question, Yes mines worth 80k, but I'll sell it at a discount to anyone for $79,995.

Well said ws23jrt. A car or anything is worth what someone is willing to pay for it. I love my car, worked my *** restoring every component myself, someone offers me 80k I won't sell it cause it's worth more to my heart to keep it, is it worth 80k though, it's not a Hemi car so value wise no. What it's worth it is a hard question to answer, it's like asking what will you pay for your dream car..but in all fairness to the real world with the average consumer/seller, that 383 RR isn't worth 80k yet. JMO

When is a stupid high selling price achieved?--who is foolish?

Does that price --change the entire market?

This gets to the question of who we are in this "hobby". Why are we here?

Well said ws23jrt. A car or anything is worth what someone is willing to pay for it. I love my car, worked my *** restoring every component myself, someone offers me 80k I won't sell it cause it's worth more to my heart to keep it, is it worth 80k though, it's not a Hemi car so value wise no. What it's worth it is a hard question to answer, it's like asking what will you pay for your dream car..but in all fairness to the real world with the average consumer/seller, that 383 RR isn't worth 80k yet. JMO

Thanks for that--If someone offered cubic dollars for my coronet I am blessed with the instinct/effort to say no.
I can have a pile of money --or I can have my cool car.--To me, this is simple stuff.

Rack& pinion steering and coilovers in 71, who knew.:rolleyes:

To the person that disagreed with my post.......let me see your explanation...........

if done in error, no prob.......if not what a loser you are......

Apparently it's not even the original color...

Rack& pinion steering and coilovers in 71, who knew.:rolleyes:
Took what I consider the nicest handling B body and made it a rough rider with that coil over setup. Leave that stuff for the chebbies

Streetside Classics is a consignor. Not sure who is responsible for the written ad, but it is poorly written. The car definitely has aftermarket air, not factory. Just because a owner has $80k in it doesn't mean that's what the car is worth.

All good points discussed in the above discussions. For me personally, I think the price is to high and there are to many questions about that car. I also think that the hobby itself is starting to show signs of prices going up on all models generally speaking and some prices just being tossed out there like this RR to see what will stick. If they get it, great. If not then the prices drops some but in the end someone is gonna buy it for more than it's actually worth. I paid 5k for our 73 Charger and put it back to stock. Have invested over 17k restoring it and still not done. Do I feel it is worth 20-30k, not really, but I have had 2 offers on it between those 2 numbers. A lot of this stuff(the cars) is getting extremely hard to find let alone parts, which I fell is driving up the prices in this great hobby, especially Mopars. Hopefully these don't get to a point where they become unreachable for the younger guys to keep the hobby going. ok....I'm done rambling.:luvplace:

Auto Transport Service
Back