• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is JEGS Legit?

Thanks for the replies, folks. Judging by your experiences it seems that dealing with Jegs is very hit and miss and a bit risk is involved. However, they're not a total scam but...

I got the information I needed before my phone ran out of money by finding a Jegs customer service agent. He basically said that the true shipping cost will be added after I enter my credit card details but the card won't be run. Hmmm...

I guess sites like Trust Pilot and other review websites attract disgruntled people by default. I don't really want to be part of that group so will steer clear of Jegs... for now.

I also have a Summit Cart with the same items in it, but the cheapest shipping price is over $600.

Summit Racing I get my stuff often the next day
if ordered early in the morning
or in 2 days a lot of times, if they have it in the Reno Nv hub
free shipping if over $99, I rarely buy anything less than $99 for an order
I usually find something else I want, or need, plugs, oil/fluids, filters etc.
or a diecast car or something

I've been a loyal Summit customer since the
mailorder catalog or call 800# & phone order days, long before the -www-
since the mid-late 1970's...
Always great customer service, even 'when It was me', who messed up
they'd honor it, exchange & pay for the return too

Some say they've had issues with Summit Racing
(rare but after 40 (?) years it ain't bad, it's great IMO)
I've had very few or any issue/s,
but; I've even had with them resolved, a few time to my benefit,
a couple times;
I was told to just keep the part & they would ship out another
I've since built 26 racecars & several dozen street-beasts using them,
for a big part of the projects...
& I've spent a crapload of $$$ using them, always have great products
& quick delivery, in stock or notified when they will be...
& great service or technical help when needed
or guided/referred to the right persons who could help

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last 'anything' I got from Jegs was my
2 1100 Elite Pro-Car/Scat bucket seats & mounting brackets
like 2010-ish, albeit really nice product & got what I ordered...
it took forever, only reason I ordered it from them (Jegs)
instead of Summit, is Jegs claimed to have it all in stock & Summit didn't
(I should have still ordered from Summit)
it/they didn't even ship until at least a week after I ordered it/them
& they had already charged my credit card the day I ordered it
(my credit card bill came before the seats)

They must have come on a slow boat (truck) from Ohio,
took like 3+ weeks to get here... for something they claimed to have in stock
( the company that it came from was in SoCal, would have been better to drop ship it)
&
I was charged an extra surcharge ($150+), I wasn't expected on an already $800 order
Summit would not have charged or even charged the credit card, before it was shipped...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I also use Mancini Racing haven't much in the past decade
but always good product & service,
but slow & expensive shipping/delivery, coming from Clinton Township, Michigan, to NorCal
still good people, helpful staff, MoPar specific products too

caveat emptor

Last edited:
I finally managed to get a shipping cost from Jegs to New Zealand- $US689.31. That's for two leaf springs and U-bolts which cost $345.

I finally managed to get a shipping cost from Jegs to New Zealand- $US689.31. That's for two leaf springs and U-bolts which cost $345.
I would be seriously looking into building a set of springs locally. If you have the stock main leaf then have the stack made mimicking the HD springs. A good spring shop should be able to do this. My 2 cents

Thanks for the replies, folks. Judging by your experiences it seems that dealing with Jegs is very hit and miss and a bit risk is involved. However, they're not a total scam but...

I got the information I needed before my phone ran out of money by finding a Jegs customer service agent. He basically said that the true shipping cost will be added after I enter my credit card details but the card won't be run. Hmmm...

I guess sites like Trust Pilot and other review websites attract disgruntled people by default. I don't really want to be part of that group so will steer clear of Jegs... for now.

I also have a Summit Cart with the same items in it, but the cheapest shipping price is over $600.
Summit Racing will match other companies price as long as they can see it in a cart, including shipping.

Call ESPO on leaf springs first. I forgot the ladies name who I spoke to but she’s very knowledgeable and helpful. I bet she can get you a better deal.

Edit: found her information.
Laura Snyder
ESPO Springs n Things

800-903-9019 / 570-672-9413
(M-Th 9:00 AM-5:00 PM and Fri 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM Eastern)

$20 freight for leaf spring from across the pond......
Ding, ding, ding....

Use Summit. They will give you a choice for shipping, with prices. They are also very good about replacing damaged/failed parts.

Summit, 440 Source, and Drivetrain
America are the only major parts
sources I've used for the past 30
years.

A little more than the price it showed
initially….good thing you talked to a customer service agent before buying or entering your credit card!!!

I thought I was buying a couple mufflers today for 140 each per a part number search I did on jegs.com

When I went to check out in the cart section the mufflers had magically increased in price to 178 each, almost an 80 dollar price increase since I was ordering 2 mufflers.

Bait and switch almost. Glad I caught it, was just about to enter my credit card. No thanks. I’ll stick with Summit, Mancini and Roseville Moparts (Golling). Very disappointed with Jegs.

Spent an hour online trying to talk to a “customer service” agent. They had the nerve to blame me and say my computer had a problem even after I sent them screenshots of what happened…Jegs is not the same company they used to be.

Between today’s issue and some others the last couple of years with their site and pricing/shipping, I would not recommend them. Very disappointed.
84C14AD8-7E06-486E-AAB2-F006B1FAFC12.png
Took an hour to get the above response. When I countered I was placed back on the waitlist.
35ADF403-D1B9-47CC-8136-F366BD212AA3.png

Jeg's has been hit-or-miss for me over the past couple of years. Summit has always been good, as has Mancini.

I don't buy anything from any business if I can't talk to a human. Rock auto will never get a dime of my money. Amazon has fucked me out of over$100, by not honoring gift cards. NEVER again!!!
Recently bought a 69 rr bumper from AMD, got in AZ in under a week from Georgia, and a carb/aircleaner/fuel line combo from Speedway in two days.
It wasn't worth trying to navigate Jegs site for either.

Jegs:
Was USA, family owned. They sold it.
Jegs now:
Owned by China. You will have as much luck with them as ordering from Ali-Babba, or a chinese third party on amazon or walmart. Most of the time it is probably fine, but then......

Summit: USA. Still. You will get your stuff and it will be right or they will take it back. Plus, if they have it in stock it is actually in stock and not running a script to set price based on views and claiming inventory when it is not there because once they have your money they have your money, like a certain black and yellow chinese company will do now.

Sometimes saving 50 bucks is not worth saving 50 bucks.

I try to avoid Jegs at all costs. My father, who I also told to avoid them but didn't listen, ordered a 2,000lbs engine stand last week from them that got here today. Box all damaged from FedEx of course and taped up around both ends. The bolts that hold the casters are too short and won't even take the nuts much less the lock washers. The adjustable L-brackets that bolt to the engine were missing altogether. Got off the phone with customer service and they said all they can do is send the missing replacement parts and not longer bolts so I'll have to go out and buy additional longer bolts for the casters. This is what we get when things are outsourced to China: inferior products and inferior service.

I try to avoid Jegs at all costs. My father, who I also told to avoid them but didn't listen, ordered a 2,000lbs engine stand last week from them that got here today. Box all damaged from FedEx of course and taped up around both ends. The bolts that hold the casters are too short and won't even take the nuts much less the lock washers. The adjustable L-brackets that bolt to the engine were missing altogether. Got off the phone with customer service and they said all they can do is send the missing replacement parts and not longer bolts so I'll have to go out and buy additional longer bolts for the casters. This is what we get when things are outsourced to China: inferior products and inferior service.
Uhhh, with all of that, do you still trust the integrity of the stand itself? If they can't be bothered to engineer the right length bolts for the kit, are you sure they used the right gauge steel or proper welding techniques?
The couple stands I bought were OLD units off of craigslist. Old enough I know they aren't made of chinesium.

Uhhh, with all of that, do you still trust the integrity of the stand itself? If they can't be bothered to engineer the right length bolts for the kit, are you sure they used the right gauge steel or proper welding techniques?
The couple stands I bought were OLD units off of craigslist. Old enough I know they aren't made of chinesium.
I don't trust it all. My dad is stubborn though and if he wants to risk it, it's on him at the end of the day. Personally I'd rather have an old school, made in the USA stand even if it was 20-30 years old for the reason you said, made with real steel.

ordered a borgeson and a pitman arm from jegs, there system is fu--ed up. pitman went into backorder status then showed up yesterday, no word on the steering box, shipping , backorder or nothing, hope i get it soon. Never from jegs again. :BangHead:

Auto Transport Service
Back