• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is the upper section of the 69 Dodge Charger rear seat different than other 68-70 2drs?

500cubes

Local time
4:40 AM
Reaction score
I have one that doesn't seem to fit my 69 Superbee. I know its a 69 Charger from the original seat material on it. One guy told me it IS different but nobody else seems to know including eBay sellers. Perhaps it can be altered to fit? If it is greatly different Id be happy to trade it for the correct one! ;)

I have one that doesn't seem to fit my 69 Superbee. I know its a 69 Charger from the original seat material on it. One guy told me it IS different but nobody else seems to know including eBay sellers. Perhaps it can be altered to fit? If it is greatly different Id be happy to trade it for the correct one! ;)
Define doesn't fit?

The frames are the same...

The lower brackets are short: wont go in the 2 bend over slots at the bottom & it seems smaller at the sides.

Some of the early B bodies were bolted in. Me thinks?

If need be, I can measure my ‘68 rear from a Bee. Coincidentally mine’s out of car right now.

Buddy of mine has a 68 B. His back seat didnt have the fold over tabs. His uhpolstory guy who has been doing Mopars for years says that the early 68 back seats were bolted.

That's it! Its a bolted in 68 Charger rear seat! Thanks for the input everyone.

It has tabs. I was just wondering if anybody had heard of a difference with Charger & other b-bodies. The seat doesn't quite fit right perhaps it is bent, the old seat material is def old & shrunken. I didn't want to put on the expensive seat covers & found out something later. If they are the same then my question is answered. I will get it in one way or the other. Thanks all.

Auto Transport Service
Back