• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is this 4 speed hump factory???

Yes that’s the numbers on the trunk I was referring to, in the trunk channel on driver’s side. Those like like some of numbers fall into the right places for the last 6 of the VIN dash number and fender tag.

View attachment 1076709
I get 1x399x out of this. What are you seeing that matches?

I get 1x399x out of this. What are you seeing that matches?

To me it looks like 1_3_91. It’s hard to get a picture that captures what I see more clearly. I will probably just scrape the paint off to know for sure.

Idk, but Nate might be on to something. Guess if it was my car, I would scrap the paint off the numbers on the trunk rail as well as the rad support to verify what matches the VIN and fender tag. After looking at your first pics, is the hump red and the rest of the car blue? If so, then the hump may have come from another car.

Yes the hump has a reddish color to it. But only in spots. Other areas it is a similar color to the rest of the unmolested floor pan. It’s weird really. Not a solid red like you would think it would be.

My '65 Coronet was a factory 426W 4 spd car. I recall the factory 4 spd tunnel looking pretty crude. I left it in place when I switched to a 727. I helped a buddy swap his '70 Barracuda 383 4spd, 8 3/4 into a '70 Challenger RT SE and the 426 Hemi 727 Dana 60 from the Challenger into the Barracuda. The factory 4 spd hump in the Barracuda looked pretty crude, but that's the way it was.
The pics of the OP's car sure do look like a re-install.

Last edited:
got to say something here , I worked on car line in late sixtys , I had arc , mig , spot , welders and torches , in my corner on dr side starting floor pan to sent to line , depending on the shift some weld were very sloppy depending on operator but usually held .

153291?
To me it looks like 1_3_91. It’s hard to get a picture that captures what I see more clearly. I will probably just scrape the paint off to know for sure.

look closely at the wider/vertical area of the upper tie bar.....driver side, the stamping may not be as deep and pronounced as you are expecting, it may be only visible, or more visible from one side; probably the radiator side

Last edited:

I can double check it again. I was under the impression the number was on the top of the core support, closer to the drivers side. Am I wrong here?

look closely at the wider/vertical area of the upper tie bar.....driver side, the stamping may not be as deep and pronounced as you are expecting, it may be only visible, or more visible from one side; probably the radiator side

Got it. So vertical bar not horizontal? I will definitely have to recheck it again if that’s the case.

Got it. So vertical bar not horizontal? I will definitely have to recheck it again if that’s the case.

stamp.jpg

Last edited:
Here is where the number is on my 69 RR. It's upside down as well.

20210228_151638.jpg 20210228_151742.jpg

Last edited:
And here is my z-bar bracket. Welds look very similar to yours.

20210228_154412.jpg

On my 70 Road Runner the VIN derivative is on top of the core support.
Stamp.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back