• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is this 68 Charger CL ad a scam?

When it only has one pic it's usually a scam. You can Google search the picture and it will probably pull up duplicates

I could, but it would be about a 9 hour drive. But the ad looks like a scam to me.
Well I’d say if he schedules an appointment with you then chances are it’s not a scam, if he starts talking about wire transfers and what not then it is.

Well I’d say if he schedules an appointment with you then chances are it’s not a scam, if he starts talking about wire transfers and what not then it is.

Trying to get him to send more pics. I've come across many scams, this is about when they stop communicating, we'll see.

That car used to be listed for sale on ClassicCars.com for $69,900 out of Effingham, Illinois.

8447351-1968-dodge-charger-r-t-jumbo.jpg
00K0K_kzRXbIpL2PF_600x450.jpg
8447364-1968-dodge-charger-r-t-jumbo.jpg

Last edited:
I could, but it would be about a 9 hour drive. But the ad looks like a scam to me.
If you think it even might be legit, it would be worth the 9 hour drive. I think I would ask him to send you more pictures first and see what kind of response you get.

People who are just fishing for their car's value while they have no intention of selling is nothing new, but it is damn annoying.
On the other hand, he doesn't say he wants trades, so maybe he was just short with you.
You are correct though, theres nothing more annoying than a one pic, vague description ad. The only thing worse is the ones that the photo was taken with Vaseline on the camera, or taken with a cell phone while moving around.

You need to find someone in his area to look into it.

@DeltaV
Wow!, it definitely looks like a scam if hes using a picture from previous advertisement??!!

There we go, thanks

How about this one? https://buffalo.craigslist.org/cto/d/1968-dodge-charger/6688126169.html

Dude says no emails call only but ad does not list a number lol. I tried emailing, no response.

I must say, virtually 90% of the 2nd gen Charger ad's I come across seem to be scams.

The car has Ontario plates. The telephone number given in their CL ad is for Lakeshore Psychic Clinic in Ontario; and their Facebook page has a security issue.

Edit:
Also, google the telephone number on the business sign in the background and you will find this webpage

https://psychic-spiritual-clinic.business.site

The first bullet says:
"Through my clairvoyant ability I will open the doorway to Clarity."

:rolleyes:

Last edited:
If you hit the button that says "show contact information" this # shows up 416 292-7222

Yeah thanks, I finally figured that out. It was not showing up in Internet Explorer for me, so I opened the ad in Chrome then I saw it.

I'm still stuck in Internet Explorer mode as opposed to Microsoft Edge, because I'm older and stubborn. More and more IE is just not working with a lot of websites...

Red one scam all day long! Green one good to go! Go get it!

Red one scam all day long! Green one good to go! Go get it!

Anyone ever bring a car over from Canada to the US and register in in New York State? I have to sell my GTO before I can buy a Charger anyways... So far I've only gotten lowball emails.

Quote; 1972 GTO

My recollection of those back in the day was with factory gearing they weren't the quickest thing at the drag strip, but the top speed was phenomenal. Of course with a gear change and a converter, would be not too shabby at the strip either. Looks good in the pic fer sure.

Auto Transport Service
Back