• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is this drum toast?

Once the wheel is tight, how much does the drum move when braking? Someone mentioned that you place it so the lugs are at the forward portion of the holes.....makes sense to me. I've run stuff just like what your drums look like and did just that and didn't have any ill effects. Your drums are the result of wheels that weren't tight enough and most likely from some hard braking. Probably had some or even a lot of burnouts going on too. Also if you buy new ones you should be able to find some made elsewhere besides Shinena. I'm one to refuse parts from China and for the most part (no pun intended), I've found that you can actually get parts that are made all over the world besides China. Ok, my hard hat is on now so everyone can hammer me now! :D

China ......... LOL I remember the 1st time I got a set of SKF wheel bearings at the local napa and figured {oh great its china crap} then to find out they are from Japan, and even more funny I was ok with that. Its a sad deal.

China ......... LOL I remember the 1st time I got a set of SKF wheel bearings at the local napa and figured {oh great its china crap} then to find out they are from Japan, and even more funny I was ok with that. Its a sad deal.
I'll take stuff from Japan any day vs China sheet!! Heck, stuff from Mexico is way better than sheet from China.....

I'll take stuff from Japan any day vs China sheet!! Heck, stuff from Mexico is way better than sheet from China.....
If I remember correctly, my M/T aluminum valve covers circa 1979 were Made In Japan. My front chrome plated rims came from Spain. Come to think of it, this Deep Purple's album, was made in Japan.

Auto Transport Service
Back