• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

is this orig steering wheel?

MoparMikey

Local time
5:31 PM
Reaction score
get-attachment.aspx

Last edited:
Not sure but its a nice red X

try this

Attachments

• mopar 008.jpg
    mopar 008.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 308
original ?

Sorry!But that appears to be for an early A-Body Plymouth. The original is a 2 spoke all plastic,with a full chrome ring and the cross bar is chrome with coronet across it. Check the post 65 Coronet of FU64RY there is a pic. of the steering wheel!

Not concerned about originality but was wondering if they had offered a sport wheel option(such as Chevy and Ford did) as this wheel looks sportier (and better) then the original in the picture.
I guess the original owner thought it looked better also, appears to have been added a long time ago. Car came from orig owner, bought it 1/65, has been sitting for many years until he had to sell it.

My 66 Dart GT had that same wheel on it. Ron

You can just see part of the wheel in this pic of my 66 Dart after I rolled it. Ron

125204095.jpg

The 1964 Barracuda also has this particular simulated wood steer wheel as an option, except the center cap. Didn’t the A and B bodies have a similar simulated wood steering wheel option? The faux wood color varied slightly from wheel to wheel, but I’m sure they will interchange. I’m buying this same type factory wheel to run on my ‘63 Polara, although these weren’t offered until 1964.

Auto Transport Service
Back