• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is this worth the price???

threewood

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
1:16 PM
Reaction score
1962 cluster dash pad. Mine is shot and needs help. Quote from Just Dashes is $800 + $300 for a color match and a 5 month wait. Wow!

It is just a little ole pad and I don't feel like getting it fixed at that price. It's a driver so it is not necessary. Thoughts?

Shop around for another, out of State. The Sun in your area is Not Friendly...
Have you thought of making something locally, through a good upholstery shop ?

The last new repop I bought from Mr. Moparts a few years ago and the first time I had the car out the vinyl peeled back on it everywhere. It was a mess just trying to get my money back so I've been hesitant to buy other repops.

When I price any part I base it against the value of my car. I looked on ebay and found a pair of beautifully restored carbs $3995.00. That's about 5% of the value of my car. MO. That's nuts to me. How does that fit to your car?

Have you thought of making something locally, through a good upholstery shop ?
I just have a beater 63. I removed the pad, cleaned and painted it.
Just Dashes was price mad 20 years ago when doing a 71 Duster. $400 for a core and $400 to cover it.
They are still in business so somebody is paying.

IMG_2971.jpg

If this is the bezel brow, that’s a tricky job according to an upholstery guy that has done work for me. I had my dash done by JD about 20 years ago and remember it was a nasty bite then, but turnaround time was only 3 months. A bubble developed a few years ago on the pad over the glove box at the profile about 3” in dia asking him about it. He said he could do the fix, replacing the old vinyl/foam. Guy’s done amazing work, now retired dang it.

If you haven’t checked with an upholstery shop or two as a possible more reasonable option, you could look into it.

Have you considered the carpet dash covers ? I bought one for my old AMX and thought it fit and looked great.

Have you considered the carpet dash covers ? I bought one for my old AMX and thought it fit and looked great.
I haven't. I really want it to look stock. I'm not going with JD, way too much
What's on there is passable for now. Maybe I can dip mine 1000 times in Plastidip lol.

1962 cluster dash pad. Mine is shot and needs help. Quote from Just Dashes is $800 + $300 for a color match and a 5 month wait. Wow!

It is just a little ole pad and I don't feel like getting it fixed at that price. It's a driver so it is not necessary. Thoughts?
Had my 69 300 convert dash done by a them (1500 bucks) worth every penny. I might even get the dash back in the car one day. LOL

Auto Transport Service
Back