• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

It ain't Friday night yet but every night is Friday night for me.....

Everybody interprets the original VP differently. He didn't set out with suicide as the goal, he was a man tired of all the BS life had dealt him. If suicide was the goal, he could have done it any number of times long before the bulldozers.
There's a whole lot more to that film than that; various interviews with the director, the producer and of course
Barry Newman all give clues and interpretations of what they were trying to convey - and what ultimately
got cut out of the film by a less than enlightened studio.
The UK version is much better and less cut up.

Nothin' against Roadhouse, but I prefer this video.............:D

I've always felt they did a pretty good job blending the old with the new rather than just overlaying the video. Only bummer with this one is no sounds of the Challenger.......:(

R.I.P. Cornell

This video is perfect.

I always thought the weak point of the movie was that most of the music didn't match the mood.

Metal is much more along the proper line. I thought someday I would do a soundtrack with better music, but Audio slave stuck a fork in it.

And as far as my take on wether or not it was suicide? I believe in the opening scene, it shows him pass a station wagon in slow mo and the challenger "vanishes".
I think that's the moment (point) Kowalski makes his decision.

Auto Transport Service
Back