• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

It's predator week at the ranch.

There has been a fair amount of coyote activity around here. They are not really fearful of people or other dogs. Zeke will go after them to send them packing. Yesterday we came across 3 so I went ahead and leashed little boy up. Going to buy a wrist rocket tomorrow which will help. Too many lefties and houses in the area so I can't be busting any caps. Wish I had a can for my 22/45. Would work great with the Aguila SSS rounds I have. 55gr bullet in a 22 short case.

Have you considered a crossbow? Accurate, deadly and silent. I bought a .17 HMR and was surprised that it's louder than a .22.

I do have a Gamo Whisper, but its a little to obvious when carrying. I'll see how the WR does soon.

Have you considered a crossbow? Accurate, deadly and silent. I bought a .17 HMR and was surprised that it's louder than a .22.

Crossbow is anything but silent.... I hate them things :) plus bolts are pretty expensive.

there are a few wrist rocket type "long rifles" on amazon - the reviews I seen on youtube of them they are really accurate and do some serious damage. I actually wanted to pick one up to eliminate some raccoons since they arent worth anything trapping they have exploded on my lease. Figured I could whack a couple from the bow stand. But need to see how loud these things are in person.

I'm going to try the WR first. Nice and compact, have plenty of rocks to use for ammo. For now, just want them to take a hike when they see us. If that doesn't work, may track down a paint ball gun.

Auto Transport Service
Back