• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jon Lord won't be down for breakfast.

I just received an email from a Hammond B3 burner buddy of mine about this and that's exactly what I said to him. Way too much of this going on lately. RIP Jon and thanks for the music.

And speaking of flies, there aren't any on you Mr. Cranium.

This is one I didn't want to see yet. Some give Ritchie Blackmore the credit for Deep Purple's sound, but I agree with Jon that the keyboards were what really drove the best songs. RIP to a great musician.

Man,
I loved Deep Purple during the late 60s and early 70s.
He played the keyboards as good as anyone during that era. That big old Hammond B3 with the twin Leslie speakers. OMG what a sound! He was underrated as a musician and Deep Purple was a underrated band at the time. Heck, bands like the Stones, led Zepplin, the Beatles etc. Deep Purple, one of the first "heavy metal" bands. Rock on John Lord!

X2 on the ivories. its what gave depth and soul. RIP john lord, 1 of the best there was.
the older we get the more this stuff happens.

Jon Lord gave deep purple its signature sound. he got that sound from a Hammond B3 into the Leslie and mic'ed pumping through Marshall Stack Amps! wow...there is too much of this death of my childhood heroes goin on.

Jon Lord gave deep purple its signature sound. he got that sound from a Hammond B3 into the Leslie and mic'ed pumping through Marshall Stack Amps! wow...there is too much of this death of my childhood heroes goin on.

Same here. They are checking out early. Maybe the drugs. Good thing for me the alcohol takes a little longer.

R.I.P. Jon thanks for the great music

Deep Purple was one of the main groups i played in my 8-track player.RIP.

Auto Transport Service
Back