• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Junior Dragsters

padam

Local time
1:10 PM
Reaction score
I don’t think a top fuel car needs as much time to stage as one of these things.

I am NOT a fan of those cars. I understand why they are popular, and they are good for continuing the sport. If I was a kid, I'd certainly want one.
But just run their races separately from the real cars please.
(It also ticks me off when I see a $500,000 toter
home pull in, with a $200,000 stacker behind..... and two juniors roll out. Jealousy? You bet your ......)
Oh,and what's with the plastic bags on the slicks, for.a car that cant spin em anyway?

I am NOT a fan of those cars. I understand why they are popular, and they are good for continuing the sport. If I was a kid, I'd certainly want one.
But just run their races separately from the real cars please.
(It also ticks me off when I see a $500,000 toter
home pull in, with a $200,000 stacker behind..... and two juniors roll out. Jealousy? You bet your ......)
Oh,and what's with the plastic bags on the slicks, for.a car that cant spin em anyway?
Yeah the tire bag things. I’ve only seen that on F1 cars.

The loud snappy popcorn makers? No thanks.

My kids ran all three of the inaugural Jr Street program and it was great. My daughter continues well from the lessons learned :steering:

Well since it was brought up.... I like the idea of getting young people involved in the sport, but they do seem to take a long time to run. And I suspect it's sort of like in show business with stage moms living through their kids accomplishments, but in this case mostly dads. I get it, though they didn't have it when my kids were young, so I can't say whether we would have done it.

Dang.... ya'all are rough :)

My two nephews, and both nieces came up through the Jr ranks.... my brother builds them. I think in total between the four of them they have went through about 14 juniors or so. Some get passed down, others get sold off. These kids have made a LOT of money running juniors. They must have close to 100 wins combined, numerous iron mans, wallys and now my niece just picked up a "minute man" from a series and she was featured on their show.

The better set up ones can spin the tires, they do burn outs, and can hit speeds many of my original bracket cars didnt in the 1/8 mile. But they do take some time to stage, they are pretty finicky on a few things and for them to run consistent you have to be meticulous with them.

Both my nephews hopped outta their juniors and were winning races in big cars immediately.

Dang.... ya'all are rough :)

My two nephews, and both nieces came up through the Jr ranks.... my brother builds them. I think in total between the four of them they have went through about 14 juniors or so. Some get passed down, others get sold off. These kids have made a LOT of money running juniors. They must have close to 100 wins combined, numerous iron mans, wallys and now my niece just picked up a "minute man" from a series and she was featured on their show.

The better set up ones can spin the tires, they do burn outs, and can hit speeds many of my original bracket cars didnt in the 1/8 mile. But they do take some time to stage, they are pretty finicky on a few things and for them to run consistent you have to be meticulous with them.

Both my nephews hopped outta their juniors and were winning races in big cars immediately.
Yeah, that’s way above the level of my involvement.
I also suspect that they have more money in one of those than I have in my Charger.
If they are the future of the sport, I guess its the high end of the sport.
You have to admit it seems extravagant for children.

If I was a kid, I'd want one.
If I had kids, I'd want to give them one.
I am not a kid, nor do I have any.

Waiting on juniors again while the sky clouds up.

I see a lot that double up, meaning I think the parents have at least 2 juniors. My guess is that the racers that can afford that must also race higher dollar big cars, so probably more important to the sport.

we did jrs from from 94 to 02.he was a track champ 4 times.won many races.we never had nothing fancy

I’m just getting to be a grumpy old man.
Waiting is the worst thing about this sport.
I hate waiting.

Auto Transport Service
Back