• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Just a pipe dream?

1STMP

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
4:55 AM
Reaction score
There ought to be way of an adult
discussion of political winds without
emotions involved. No profanity,
no personal hatred,
I fully understand the sites' willingness
to avoid this subjective topic
altogether.
But what the elites are trying to
implement directly affects our sole
reason for being members of this
forum.
Slowly, the supporters of this site will
die out. It's inevitable. And so will
the site. Unless they're welcome
to the transition of mandated EV's
and they become the present
discussion.
I'm relatively a new member here,
but can recognize those truly
devoted to any vehicle committed
to past technologies and the remedies
to revitalize an old relic. B bodies
just happen to dominate. (Chevys
the wooden cross)
Anytime politics or religion are the
main topic discussions are soon to
sour.
We should have open discussions
as to where our hobby is headed
given the ever changing political
winds, instead of having our
rabid opinions relocated.

IMG_0172.gif

How’s your brakes coming along?

Great! Stops on a dime.
My guess is you're referencing a true
pipe dream. I couldn't help but throw
it out there. Those here are very
passionate. That's why I'm here.
There is a Political Forum for a very good reason.

That's the rules, and anything remotely political - or religious for that matter will either be shifted or deleted without recourse.

Believe me, leaving political discussion in the general (Publicly visible) forums would kill this and other sites faster than you might think.

There is a Political Forum for a very good reason.

That's the rules, and anything remotely political - or religious for that matter will either be shifted or deleted without recourse.

Believe me, leaving political discussion in the general (Publicly visible) forums would kill this and other sites faster than you might think.
Thanks for your reply. I thought my
thread was anything but political and
actually advised against it.

Thanks for your reply. I thought my
thread was anything but political and
actually advised against it.
I'm not suggesting this thread is political at this time....I'm just letting you know how things are.

I don't make the rules....but I do believe in them, and I do try and enforce them on behalf of the site owner.

Drums, but it takes approximately 6 washing machines longer to stop at 50 mph. Horizontally measured of course, I'm not your average stoopid American.

Thanks Kiwi,
I'm happy to be a member here and
have paid for the privilege. I don't
feel my post was political in any
way and in fact, advised against it.

Replying to the op’s post about the future of the hobby-

The hobby will follow the desire of the age group that has the money to fund extra vehicles. Once upon a time model T’s and A’s in stock form we’re expensive due to the age and the financial position of those that grew up with them.

Have you noticed the 80’s stuff and the Honda stuff coming up? Clean mid 90’s acura integras and Honda civics coming up. Honda S-2000s are sky high. Don’t believe me- search it.

The muscle stuff I think will always be there. But that matching number 100% accurate resto with the polyglas tires? That’ll get the axe. It’ll get restomoded. Again, don’t believe me? You can buy a restored rolling chassis with a drivetrain out of a mid-year corvette almost on a monthly basis. Pulled right out from under a nice car.

Those accurate model A’s your grandpa restored? Hot-rod. It’s happening.

The hobby will remain. It just changes.

There ought to be way of an adult
discussion of political winds without
emotions involved. No profanity,
no personal hatred,
I fully understand the sites' willingness
to avoid this subjective topic
altogether.
But what the elites are trying to
implement directly affects our sole
reason for being members of this
forum.
Slowly, the supporters of this site will
die out. It's inevitable. And so will
the site. Unless they're welcome
to the transition of mandated EV's
and they become the present
discussion.
I'm relatively a new member here,
but can recognize those truly
devoted to any vehicle committed
to past technologies and the remedies
to revitalize an old relic. B bodies
just happen to dominate. (Chevys
the wooden cross)
Anytime politics or religion are the
main topic discussions are soon to
sour.
That is most likely what my great grandad thought watching the 1st car he ever seen while he was sitting on his horse.

I drove these Mopars new, from 67 until the mid 70's. When the power was taken out by smog devices, I went with a number of Corvettes until 84. I have been back with Mopar from that point on. The hobby has changed considerably already over the years, but I think there will always be basically 3 basic groups.
1 Correct OE restorations
2 Day two type restorations
3 Restomod cars
I have all three types, and enjoy the day two cars the best. The number of people in these 3 groups is what will change.

I drove these Mopars new, from 67 until the mid 70's. When the power was taken out by smog devices, I went with a number of Corvettes until 84. I have been back with Mopar from that point on. The hobby has changed considerably already over the years, but I think there will always be basically 3 basic groups.
1 Correct OE restorations
2 Day two type restorations
3 Restomod cars
I have all three types, and enjoy the day two cars the best. The number of people in these 3 groups is what will change.
Agree 100% - and I think there's some evidence a few folks on this website might actually be lost
(or at the very least, confused as to the purpose of it).

It doesn't appear possible. The written word is hopelessly lacking for meaningful discussion. Without the tone of a voice heard, or facial expressions and body language seen, words are too easily misinterpreted. Offense is felt, though none was intended. The downhill slide has begun and this is where it ends:

P1014696.JPG

Agree with @kiwigtx that the Political forum is here with the red carpet rolled out for everyone with their political/religious opinions, which is a generous offering by the site Admin IMHO.

Some forums just lower the ban hammer upon the minority of users posting that stuff, paid or not.

This is a forum about our shared hobby of amazing cars and that's the main reason people come here.

Agree with @kiwigtx that the Political forum is here with the red carpet rolled out for everyone with their political/religious opinions, which is a generous offering by the site Admin IMHO.

Some forums just lower the ban hammer upon the minority of users posting that stuff, paid or not.

This is a forum about our shared hobby of amazing cars and that's the main reason people come here.
Thanks Don.

Just a side note to everyone here - being a paid-up Gold Member does not entitle you to do what you want either - the rules are for everyone....including Gold Members and Moderators.
Yes, we all make mistakes at times, but everyone gets a Mulligan here I believe. It's the ones who push the buttons continually who find themselves in the line of fire. :)

Auto Transport Service
Back