• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Just brought a 1976 Plymouth Volare Roadrunner

Alvestes

Local time
1:30 AM
Reaction score
Hello group,
I just took a leap of faith. I just brought my very first car that I ever owned . A 1976 Plymouth Volare Roadrunner. I purchased it from a guy in Maryland who said that his grandfather brought it in 1976, cash for $4,400.00.
Since his death last year, at the ripe age of 99, he's been the only owner/driver. The car has 54k miles on it.

Enough of the history....I'm recently retired and I would like to swap out the slant six, tranny and rear end for more power and muscle of course. I'm only a weekend mechanic so I'm going to do what I can and leave the heavy stuff to a mopar mechanic I just met.

I'm looking for that Super Coupe R/T look. Charcoal Grey with light grey accents. Rear and front spoiler as well as the ground effects in the wheel wells. I have had some luck getting most of the parts, but I'm still searching. Anyone with ideas or websites that I can get theses items would be appreciated. Thank you

Hello Alvestes - welcome to the forum. While not quite a b body, any road runner is still okay in my books! Good luck with the changes, and try the f body forum for a bit of help in your direction:
http://www.forfmjbodiesonly.com/

Do let us know when you get that Super Coupe R/T look. Are you thinking of a small block V-8 or blow them all away with a new hemi engine?

-= Photon440 =-

Yes-go to the aspenandvolare.com site--thise guys will help you out-esp[ecially with the flares and spoilers--i own a1978 magnum and just bought a 1978 richard petty dodge aspen kit car--in fact its in the june issue on mopar collectors guide--good luck

Yes-go to the aspenandvolare.com site--thise guys will help you out-esp[ecially with the flares and spoilers--i own a1978 magnum and just bought a 1978 richard petty dodge aspen kit car--in fact its in the june issue on mopar collectors guide--good luck

I just read about that Petty car. Very cool!

Welcome to the forum Alvestes. Good luck with your car!

welcome to FBBO

Welcome from Minnesota.

Welcome from Maryland. I used to have an aspen super coupe. Rarest care I ever owned. Tough as nails too!

Just for you

[video=youtube_share;mkWhkKVvqHU]http://youtu.be/mkWhkKVvqHU[/video]

image.jpgimage.jpgheres the 76 volare I just bought for a daily driver. /6 auto. 20+ mpg. I drive it 160 miles round trip a day.

I thought the Volare Road Runners only came with 318s and 360s. ?????

Welcome to FBBO, F-bodies have cool eye-appeal, If memory serves me, Plymouth RR came with /6, 318 2 or 4 bbl, 360 2 or 4 bbl (e-58)- 4 speed manual or auto 3spd. I believe the Dodge Aspen- super coupes (and petty kit cars) only came with 318-360. Im sure someone with more expertice may chime in here.
Cool car, Pics?

Auto Transport Service
Back