• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Just curious if anyone has seen this on a 1968 Plymouth sport satellite

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stallight

Local time
7:10 AM
Reaction score
I have a 68-sport satellite with a black stripe down the sides. I figured it's just an aftermarket thing someone did. But wasn`t sure.
Maybe a protective coating? Thanks in advance!

unnamed (2).jpg

unnamed (1).jpg

unnamed.jpg

I've never seen it before and mine doesn't have it. If that happens to be a parts car,
I would be interested in the vinyl top drip rail trim.

Someone did an orange bottom delete.
They still do it to this day!

I've never seen it before and mine doesn't have it. If that happens to be a parts car,
It is a parts car. Thought about just putting the whole thing up for sale. Ill take a look at the trim and get better pics of both sides for you, if you want?

Thanks. I think the dealer installed mine. It has the drip rail trim for a non vinyl car.

Yes. The vinyl trim is a little larger to fit over the material on the drip rail. I was told the vinyl trim has a green line on the inside of it.

what is an orange bottom delete!?!? lol
That's when after years of driving in Salt , the bottom of the car gets crusty and orange and is displeasing to the eye. So out comes the can of black paint and a roller.
Woila! Orange bottom gone.

That's when after years of driving in Salt , the bottom of the car gets crusty and orange and is displeasing to the eye. So out comes the can of black paint and a roller.
Woila! Orange bottom gone.
The black organisol from the factory accomplished the same thing on my '69 GTX back in the day. It got new quarter panels after the spots turned to holes.

Looks like a guy named John's work, that I use to pump gas for at BP as a kid. He sold used cars and would tell us to jump on our bike and ride down to Canadian Tire and buy the widest roll of vinyl striping we could get. Usually 10". He did a lot of Mustang rockers. Fresh white paint and a Black racing strip. You'd see the car a month later and laugh your *** off....

Post a WTB thread

It is a parts car. Thought about just putting the whole thing up for sale. Ill take a look at the trim and get better pics of both sides for you, if you want?

Post one (car) or more (parts) for sale threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back