• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Just had to share this experience Yearone and or Ebay 250% shipping charge lol

bigmanjbmopar

Newb with a view
Local time
1:30 AM
Reaction score
So I am looking for a new package tray cardboard carpeted with speaker cutouts opposite for my 69 RR.

Fist went on ebag and found one sort of not sure what the heck this is made out of but it looked reasonable until I looked down at the shipping $35 part, $57 shipping! lol when I asked about this to see if it was a mistake he said ships from the east coast and ships over-sized! ? over-sized? wtf?

Anyone else seeing this stuff?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/17144609519...em=&sspagename=ADME:X:RTQ:MOTORS:1123&vxp=mtr

This one from Yearone.

PSB68BLK

In Stock - Item usually ships within 24 to 48 hours

Add Code
(remove) WED924 - 25%

Checkout
Summary(1 items)

Retail $35.99<----------cost

Savings ($9.00)

Sub Total $26.99

Tax$0.00

Shipping & Handling $87.83 <------------------WTF?

Your Total$114.82 <<--------------WTF?

Well to update this I went to classic industries and got one for $60 seemed a bit more reasonable lmao! I mean whole **** f * me what is with that?

Cost Totals
SubTotal $ 44.99
Tax $ 3.60
Shipping $ 11.95
Total Amount $ 60.54

Also shipping from Y-1 is always 2-3 times what it should be. Classic has much more reasonable shipping rates.

thats pretty bad, i just bought a rear main seal from hughes, cost like $19, then freight $40 and i am still waiting a month for it.

thats pretty bad, i just bought a rear main seal from hughes, cost like $19, then freight $40 and i am still waiting a month for it.

With all due respect Benno, that's what you get for living on the bottom side of the planet.:laughing1:

This has been an ongoing thing. The seller thinks everyone is stupid, advertises their item for less than the competition, marks up the shipping to make up the difference, or more.
Yes we're really stupid!

Get on Classics Industries email list and wait for the free shipping or 20% off sales. I buy in bulk when they offer that type of discount on shipping. They just ended a sale on the 15th so new one should be coming around. This last one had a spend this much before the discount but sometimes they do not have that.

Use code HRM14 to get up to 20%* OFF on orders over $199.00. Offer ends September 28th, 2014 at midnight PST.

Get on Classics Industries email list and wait for the free shipping or 20% off sales. I buy in bulk when they offer that type of discount on shipping. They just ended a sale on the 15th so new one should be coming around. This last one had a spend this much before the discount but sometimes they do not have that.

Too bad you guys down under and over yonder couldn't find someone here to help consolidate parts in single shipments.

I went through the same thing with year 1, only they wanted over $100 for shipping on a $ 35 package tray (Shipped to the Seattle area) .Ordered the same thing from Classic and shipping was $12. Year 1 said it was oversized, when the one I got from classic arrived it came in a 2in / 12 in /5 foot box.

That exactly why I bought mine when I ordered all my interior, got 20% off plus free shipping for spending over $1k

Oversize charges are real. It's sucks but that's the way it is. If they could only roll it up in a tube......

I've been selling a lot of stuff on ebay recently and shipping charges have been kicking my ***. Seems like they've been quietly going up over the past couple of years. And if you're shipping anything coast to coast... you better be able to fit it into one of those "if it fits it ships" boxes or the cost is going to be prohibitive.

I just mailed a 15-lb model to CA in what was classified as an "oversize box" and the cost was $74!

You guys could always go to the local carpet store and get a shag remnant for the back window. :)

The ebay guys said he is just a middle man and that is what the company that is in NY charges for shipping to Cal lmao I told him well too bad you should buy a lot ship to yourself then sell them. probably would be more profitable in the end anyway as you can control your costs better and keep shipping normal. That is if he gets a volume discount. I hate middle men such a waste of my time.

Auto Transport Service
Back