• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Just like to say hi to all

mach123

Local time
4:28 PM
Reaction score
I have been brousing for a while and now that I bought my first retore 72 charger and will be filling myself with all the great info you guys/gals have to offer. Thanks in advance

Attachments

• DSCN2310.jpg
    DSCN2310.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 181
  • DSCN2299.jpg
    DSCN2299.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 198
  • DSCN2304.jpg
    DSCN2304.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 182
  • DSCN2283.jpg
    DSCN2283.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 187
  • DSCN2285.jpg
    DSCN2285.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 177
Welcome Mach123--good looking machine! That interior is really sweet. Now you just need to clean out the squirrel nest that's next to the engine--ha!

I know, the car overall is in decent shape. The engine is a 318, but looks like it is modded, don't know much about the car, but heard that the engine was re done. The squirel did get into the air ducked lol but did not cause any damage.
Can you tell if and what was done with carb is that a 4bb or 2bb looks lik intake is not stock, hmmmmmmmm Thanks guys I tried to post this with pics onto the 71-74 and it said an error message. Thanks

welcome to FBBO, looks like a 2bbl 318 with a stock type cast iron manifold, that someone has changed air cleaner, fuel hoses, valve covers etc. & disassembled some.... I would highly suggest buying some books/manuals on the subjects, of what ever it is, your planing on doing with the car, engine building &/or repair, restoration, hot rod, resto-rod, a daily driver, street/strip car, get familiar with the type of engine, drive train, transmission, suspension, body, electrical, etc., I would also highly suggest, you buy a 72 Dodge Charger, Factory Service Manual for the specific "year, make & model of car" & educate yourself some on the car, get familiar with what things are, how they work, what they are called &/or be able to idenify parts, before you start any projects, they are full of a wealth of information & knowledge...

So there really used to be a resident squirrel--funny--and I was just being a smart *** about the leaves!
I have a 318 2BBL in my 73 RR. It's all stock. Your intake looks stock as does the carb. But your carb is wider than my 2BBL. So it could be a 4BBL. But just pop off the air cleaner and you can look down the carb to see either 2 or 4 air ports.
Have fun with it!
--Luther

Welcome aboard that's a nice looking car interior is really nice love white and red .
By looking at the carb I think its a 4 bbl looks like mine on my 73 but best way to know remove air cleaner good luck with anything you do with the car

Where i,s the best place to to buy manuals, the first thing I need is a water pump but unsure what one, it seems like they are all for cars with ac or 8 blade or 10 and so on. I love dodge and my name is not for ford its because of racing snowmobile machs, lol
Would like to make it a summer driver with some get up and go, I have been reading about doing port job, headers, dual plane intake and so on.

Thanks, here is the carb

Attachments

• DSCN2320.jpg
    DSCN2320.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 153
Yup! Just don't let that squirrel get close to that 4BBL or it might just suck it down once you fire that baby up!
I've found some local small privately-owned auto parts stores that order me lots of parts for my 73 RR. There should be a water pump avail for a non-A/C application from a dealer like that--I assume you have them in Alberta.
Good luck, Luther

Thanks, what name brand pump have you guys like ti use.

Thanks, what name brand pump have you guys like ti use.

Mach123 Maybe put this thread or questions in the general discussion forum, you will get more help probably... Mopar Performance or Mancini Racing has Manuals for sale, along with many other great informational & build books...

Mach123 Maybe put this thread or questions in the general discussion forum, you will get more help probably... Mopar Performance or Mancini Racing has Manuals for sale, along with many other great informational & build books...

Thanks

Welcome Mach123
Thanks for joining the forum.
Nice car and good luck...
Interior looks great! Good color combo.
"Super-bee_ski"

Welcome aboard! I bought a Haynes Repair Manual for my 73 from Auto Zoned out... Its been a great help with many things, Its around 20 dollars and been to me very worth it for general repairs diagrams, ect...

Well guys I am back and will soon be starting to post again, lol
I am finding out lots about what is not stock to this car and wondered if gonna rebuild and not much matching to yr of car, should I do a clone of a car and what one would be the simplest for my build. Thx

Auto Transport Service
Back