• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Just to make the E-body guys cry..

Good thing I gotta thick skin.

Someplace around here is a picture of my 4whl drive '73 Challenger with two mule deer bucks in the trunk. Man that baby would go anyplace.

Wasn't on another chassis. Just turned the spring pads over on the rear and bolted the rear axle to the bottom of the leaf springs instead of the top. Removed the front k-member and made a new one that held the front axle leaf springs and bolted that up to the front subframe. Short drive shaft to the transfer case between the front seat and rear seat. Another short drive shaft to the rear axle and a loooong one to the front differential. 383 with an 833 4-spd. Used the stock tranny mount and custom engine mounts off the new k-member. Fun, fun, fun.

Son built a 4x4 70 Duster the same way and then accidently drove it over the front of a Volkswagon while turning a corner. Didn't hurt the Duster.

I still have a 4x4 '67 Chrysler New Yorker with the original 440 and automic transmission. Again, no stupid truck frame under the Chrysler. Everything is attached to the Chrysler subframe. Sits much lower to the ground and really looks kinda factory. Someday I'll try to figure out why it lost oil pressure in the engine and drive it around again.

Back in the late 70s, there was a guy who had and e-body Cuda which he turned into a pickup truck. Even then, I thought is was an abomination. At least the body on this one wasn't totally cut up and it has some good parts still.

Auto Transport Service
Back