• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Just venting my Humble Opinion

Yes, the E cars seats sit lower and I didn't like that and raising them just an inch made a huge difference.

At the suspension, or between the floorpan and the seat itself?

I've never sat in an E-body before (there's a clapped out '70 Cuda just 1000' feet from me, but if I sit in it, the seat will probably go through the TWO floorpans that someone sandwiched into that rusted out hulk. The only thing in my personal experience that I can think of as comparison would be the gun-turret feel of a '71-73 Mustang, though I can live with it.

I rather like the look out the hood of my '69 Valiant, which is as upright as it gets. Still crammed and a bit too high at the window though, even though I have a bench. '68 Satellite is a bit less crammed due to the extra width of the interior tub, but the bench on the Satellite seems to sit lower than the Valiant's.

-Kurt

The prices are determined by what the cars bring at auction. It is based on pure supply and demand. The 70-71 Cudas are more desirable to more people than a 67 GTX, either comparing non-hemi to non-hemi or hemi to hemi. On a B body forum, however, you would not expect that to apply.

Although your car is restored on the exterior, I would call it more of a restomod or custom because of the interior modifications. I would expect your car to be worth more as a true to original restoration since that would be of interest to more buyers than a car specialized to a particular individual's taste.

Auto Transport Service
Back