• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

k-frame-helpp

hoxiehippy

Local time
10:53 AM
Reaction score
I need to replace k frame in my 74 ply.rr. big block car . My question is will a small block k frame work ??., have been told yes and others tell me no
please help

Well, According to the part numbers for K-members for 1974 no they will not work. I believe the K-member will fit, it will move the motor either forward or back. I am not quite sure which way. Good luck with the change.

1badstroker is correct. you have to use a big block k. i believe you can use one from the cordoba, magnum, fury b-body car from75 to 78.

semper fi, clem

You do not have to change the K frame on a 74. In 73 the small block went to the spool mount and the big block still had the brick mount. Even with a 73 small block K frame all it takes is a C body big block oil pan and 74 to 79 big block spool mounts. I did the swap from a 318/904 to a 440/727 in 1984. And I ran headers on it with power steering and A/C.

I'm going to try to upload the information on K-members by year, body and motor. Hope this helps.

k-member part-1.jpg

k-member part-2.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back