• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

k-member interchange

pioneer61

Local time
10:06 PM
Reaction score
Can anyone here tell me if a 65 Belvedere V8 K-member will interchange (without modification) on a 66 Coronet? The Coronet currently has no front suspension and i'd like to get it to roll.

20220721_163048.jpg

oustanding. thanks for replying. i didn't want to go through all that work in this 100+ degree heat only to find out it didn't fit.

Yes it will physically bolt right in, but the motor mounts were not positioned the same on the K frame. Putting a '66 K frame into a '65 will move the engine and transmission closer to the firewall, likely causing clearance issues with trans tunnel and kick down linkage. Transmission tunnel in a '66 is noticeably bigger than same in '65. This was an old S/S trick, moving weight rearward to aid transfer and traction.

appreciate the input. this is some real good info here. not concerned with an engine drop-in at this point. just need it to roll.

Auto Transport Service
Back