• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

K&N E-3840 OVAL (70 6bbl or Hemi) AIR FILTER anyone know who may have one in stock and where I can find one?

biomedtechguy

Accelerati Rapidus Maximus
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
2:22 AM
Reaction score
K&N E-3840 OVAL AIR FILTER
This is a THREE inch tall K&N version of the 2" (factory stock height) oval air filter for my 70 440 6bbl, or a Hemi.
At one time (pre-Covid) they were a regularly stocked item, and K&N would actually make a 4" tall version as a special order
BUT
Now I can't find the 3" tall one in stock in the CONUS, but I really want one, and K&N informed me they've suspended their custom order program.
Thanks for ANY help!

Summit Racing has the stock Hemi-383/440-N96-6bbl :blah:
K&N oval stock replacement #KNN-E 1980
in stock said 9 left
for 340/440 6bbl & six-pack or Hemi's even the lowly 383 N96
air-grabber/coyote duster 69-70 all kinds of models

don't know what the difference (?)
between the #E-3840 & the one above is

I have the 3" tall version on mine, low deck with 6bbl & a A12 hood

Last edited:
don't know what the difference (?)
between the #E-3840 & the one above is
The difference is the E-3840 is
one inch taller, at 3" is the one I am looking for, K&N (like yours) The one you linked is a 2"

The difference is the E-3840 is
one inch taller, at 3" is the one I am looking for, K&N (like yours) The one you linked is a 2"
I got mine :poke:

A12 style fiberglass base seals to the 'lift off' hood
68 RR #30 A-12 6bbl pan & fresh air air-cleaner w-phenolic spacers.JPG

2 different bases, fresh air stock 1970-71 style 'steel' drop base
68 RR #25 479ci-6bbl Front of engine bay ds.JPG

I got mine :poke:
Lol...
Hopefully the forum can help me get one too.
I have the 70 steel base and top on now, but I got a nice deal on this forum for an A-12 setup, but not the 3" filter. By now you know how committed I am to keeping my N96 Air Grabber if possible, or worse case the slightly taller aftermarket "Six-Pack lift off hood style" scoop, but only if I must.
I bought the A12 setup to either create a hybrid or go to entirely, because cooler air, especially here in the swamp, is better air!

K&N E-3840 OVAL AIR FILTER
This is a THREE inch tall K&N version of the 2" (factory stock height) oval air filter for my 70 440 6bbl, or a Hemi.
I tried the interwebs again, no luck.
I was hoping maybe someone had one, knows someone who does, or maybe out of the CONUS may have a source.
I am learning the hard way, if you find something you want, especially if it's not widely used, get it because it may not be available for long.

Hey! BUMP to check if ANYONE has found one of these THREE inch tall oval air filters ANYWHERE? It's the ONLY one I want, and unfortunately I believe this model was a victim of COVID-19
K&N E-3840

No, I will look now. Thanks
1695364421015.png

I DID see the one that you posted the Ebay pic of that I copied into this reply. If I can't find one elsewhere, I will clench my teeth and spend the HUGE money on it, along with the HUGE shipping cost from Australia.
IF I go that route, I will fight being compelled to say in a Crocodile Dundee accent: A 2" tall air filter? That's not an air filter. (and then pointing to my 3" tall K&N) THAT'S an air filter! "....

:poke: :luvplace::lol:

No, I will look now. Thanks

View attachment 1528564

I DID see the one that you posted the Ebay pic of that I copied into this reply. If I can't find one elsewhere, I will clench my teeth and spend the HUGE money on it, along with the HUGE shipping cost from Australia.
IF I go that route, I will fight being compelled to say in a Crocodile Dundee accent: A 2" tall air filter? That's not an air filter. (and then pointing to my 3" tall K&N) THAT'S an air filter! "....

:poke: :luvplace::lol:
You know if you do have to buy that one in Australia, K&N will start producing them again.

Auto Transport Service
Back